New York Times Proves Clint Eastwood Correct -- Obama Is Lousy CEO

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2012, 07:11 PM
New York Times Proves Clint Eastwood Correct -- Obama Is Lousy CEO
From Forbes

A Sunday New York Times front page story — New York Times! — might have killed President Obama’s re-election hopes.

The story is called “The Competitor in Chief — Obama Plays To Win, In Politics and Everything Else.” It is devastating.

With such a title, and from such a friendly organ, at first I thought Jodi Kantor’s piece would be a collection of Obama’s greatest political wins: His rapid rise in Illinois, his win over Hillary Clinton in the 2008 Democratic primaries, the passage of health care, and so on.

But the NYT piece is not about any of that. Rather, it is a deep look into the two outstanding flaws in Obama’s executive leadership:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richkarlgaar...ama-fired/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2012, 07:19 PM
RE: New York Times Proves Clint Eastwood Correct -- Obama Is Lousy CEO
ok so if you are the president than you cannot EVER take a break. 114 games of golf, 4 years of being in office he spent one day every two weeks playing golf. As for practicing other things, if there is a bowling alley in the whitehouse is he not supposed to use it? what else is there to do on a plane than play cards? cells phones aren't really supposed to be used. and if your opponents are not trying, than whats the point? (games can be for fun, but try to play rather than spacing) <-----------——(fanboy alert)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
04-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Jeff - I'm not an Obama cheerleader, though I'll most likely vote for him come November.

I think you're way off in your analysis. No piece of journalism, regardless of the publisher, is likely to sway the polls one way or the other.

Let's face it, all the negative campaigning and advertising is designed to influence 5% of the electorate - roughly 90% of the country has already determined who they will vote for (or against) and nothing, nothing will change their minds...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Yea I'm with Xino on this, what the guy can't have a good time now and then?
This article makes it sound like all he does all day is play golf and bowl when I am sure that is not the case.
Yeah he may throw a few balls down the lane but who's to say WHEN, for all we know that could be at midnight after he's finished working, or maybe for half an hour at lunch time. If he was to practice a little bit each day then I am sure he would get not so bad. Afterall who did it say he was playing? His friends and family, it's not like he's suddenly a world class bowler.
And what's wrong with being competitive? lots of people are competitive, I'm sure that is the reason he is in the White House today.

The fact of the matter is it's not so much about voting for Obama for the sake of voting for Obama, it's more about voting for Obama so Romney the giant cunt face doesn't get the position.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-09-2012, 08:14 PM
It's not my opinion/analysis, it's from Forbes.

Xino, my read of the author's point is not that he plays the games, but that he's putting a lot of time/energy into getting good at them. Doesn't sound good when the country is hurting.

Seasb, I think the convinceables are a bit higher, maybe 20%, but I take your point. I just posted the article because I thought it was interesting.

Muffs, "Romney the giant cunt face"? Really?
04-09-2012, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 05:10 AM by Seasbury.)
(04-09-2012 08:14 PM)Jeff Wrote:  Seasb, I think the convinceables are a bit higher, maybe 20%, but I take your point. I just posted the article because I thought it was interesting.

I put it closer to ten, but I'm not quibbling...

That's what I was referring to with the 5% gotta win about half of the convinceables...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2012, 12:25 AM
(04-09-2012 08:14 PM)Jeff Wrote:  Muffs, "Romney the giant cunt face"? Really?

To subtle?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-09-2012, 07:25 AM

Just to clarify for those of you uneducated in political terminology, a "teflon" is a politician where none of the opposition's present arguments apply.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
05-09-2012, 07:28 AM
(04-09-2012 08:14 PM)Jeff Wrote:  Muffs, "Romney the giant cunt face"? Really?

Yes... really...

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
05-09-2012, 12:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 01:57 PM by Diablo666.)
What a crock of shit.

Bush literally spent every other day of his 8 year term in office not working....
That is 4 years of sitting on his ass at the ranch, or playing golf, etc...
[+] 1 user Likes Diablo666's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Obama Wins "Lie of the Year" Award Can_of_Beans 24 662 19-12-2013 03:58 PM
Last Post: Chas
  Private sector 150,000 times more efficient than the government? frankksj 49 1,276 25-10-2013 11:03 AM
Last Post: frankksj
  Obama being flamed for Egypt. Why? PatThePoltergeist 26 775 18-08-2013 04:27 AM
Last Post: Juv
  Why did Jews have race fueled hatred for Obama I and I 5 272 28-07-2013 06:06 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  They're applauding Obama at the memorial ceremony for the Boston tragedy TrainWreck 26 980 24-04-2013 05:02 PM
Last Post: bbeljefe
  How many people you know brought up Obama after the Boston bombing? Buddy Christ 14 660 16-04-2013 08:18 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  New York SAFE Act. or Are You Sick of the Gun Debates Yet? Dark Light 24 971 05-04-2013 02:08 AM
Last Post: kim