New York will never be the same

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2012, 02:40 PM
New York will never be the same
I think it is going to take a long time, years, if not decades to restore the transportation access of the Manhattan island, and there is going to be considerable misery in the near future for many people who have relied on the convience that the tunnel system provided.

A tremendous reorganization of the transportation policy of the city is going to have to be determined and enacted.

I have a first hand observation of the immediate problems of people thinking they can drive into the city instead of taking the train, and it is all snarled-up.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2012, 03:01 PM
RE: New York will never be the same
Now would be a good time to re-think the zeppelin strategy. It would be a great alternative to the tunnels and is quite hurricane proof (assuming you fly them away from the next hurricanes before they get blown away).

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
01-11-2012, 03:12 PM
(01-11-2012 02:40 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  I think it is going to take a long time, years, if not decades to restore the transportation access of the Manhattan island, and there is going to be considerable misery in the near future for many people who have relied on the convience that the tunnel system provided.

A tremendous reorganization of the transportation policy of the city is going to have to be determined and enacted.

I have a first hand observation of the immediate problems of people thinking they can drive into the city instead of taking the train, and it is all snarled-up.

I actually agree with you !! Tongue The New York infrastructure has been a disaster waiting to happen for decades. There is no reason to think this is the last hurricane. 2 in two years .. could easily be 3 in 3 years. It will be decades before this is fixed, if ever. If the seas are rising 1 foot in last Century, and two more next, this is nothing. just wait. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

01-11-2012, 03:16 PM
wait what happened?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Glad to see you made it through intact SidewalkCynic. Thumbsup

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
01-11-2012, 10:43 PM
It amazes me how many people are out just driving around. They are waiting in long gas lines and for what? Where I work, they are just out visiting people they know, partying, and shopping at the mall. If you don't have work, you should stay the fuck home. We don't need you clogging the streets just because you don't feel like staying home for once in your life. I am at work. If I was not working right now, I would be home to save fuel. When it gets cleaned up, then the wastes of flesh that don't work can go out.
01-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Is it too late to sign up for the New York swim team?

Drinking Beverage
02-11-2012, 04:22 AM
(01-11-2012 03:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  wait what happened?
Dunno mate. I missed it too.

Usually, if you wait a couple of months there will be an "I told you so" documentary on YouTube.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-11-2012, 05:14 AM
(02-11-2012 04:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 03:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  wait what happened?
Dunno mate. I missed it too.

Usually, if you wait a couple of months there will be an "I told you so" documentary on YouTube.
Superbowls probably on or something.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-11-2012, 05:34 AM
(02-11-2012 05:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 04:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Dunno mate. I missed it too.

Superbowls probably on or something.
Oh yeah. Probably.

That's the one like rugby but with pussy body armour and they stop every 5 mins for a rest and Ad-breaks?

I guess it's the NY Sharks vs the Jets or something.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post