New Zealand politics, who's pumped for this years election?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
03-09-2014, 09:25 PM
RE: New Zealand politics, who's pumped for this years election?
Did the Maori win?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-09-2014, 01:43 AM
I'd've thought all these headlines would've lit this thread up like a Xmas tree. What's going on over there, Muffs? Still pumped?
16-09-2014, 06:07 AM
(16-09-2014 01:43 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  I'd've thought all these headlines would've lit this thread up like a Xmas tree. What's going on over there, Muffs? Still pumped?

I'm more pumped then ever, I just haven't been able to watch the news lately. I did watch it today so I did hear about this whole Snowden bs. My flatmates girlfriend, my other flatmate, got an xboxone the other day and so is playing on the TV I watch the news on because it's upstairs with her boyfriend. The issue being that he gets home at about 5:30 and the news starts at 6.

Anywho, this Snowden shit is such bullshit, in fact the whole Dotcom thing is such bullshit.

Just a little background:
Kim Dotcom (the fat one on the right) started Megaupload.com. He became extremely wealthy off this site but it had copyright material on it and so the USA's FBI wanted Kim Dotcom who had moved to Auckland and was living in his big mansion with his super model girlfriend. Just a note, he's Austrian so whenever he speaks it's always a delight.
Anywho, a few years ago our spy agency, who was spying on Kim Dotcom on behalf of the FBI, raided Dotcom's mansion and seized all his shit. It was all the news could talk about.
Dotcom was arrested and a court case ensued. The result of the court case was that the NZ government had raided his mansion illegally and the government just lost, last week, the case to keep his assets seized.
Anywho, after his court case it was deemed that he was not legally allowed to be immediately extradited to the US like the FBI want. It doesn't mean he wont be extradited, that court case is scheduled for next year, it just means the government couldn't do it then and it was a huge embarrassment for John Key, the prime minister.
There was also this "incident" where Dotcom had donated to the ACT party and cuntface John Banks had told him (Dotcom) to donate twice as to get around the "you're not allowed to know who donates over a certain amount" law. John Banks was found guilty of fraud because of this and basically kicked out of parliament.
Anywho, Kim Dotcom, riding on the limelight he had achieved over the few years by being in several high profile, highly publicized, cases and the want to not be extradited to the US (which could still happen, but the government has the power to stop it) where he would certainly be found guilty for piracy and imprisoned, set up the political party "The Internet Party". He's not allowed to stand as an MP but he's fronting all the money and he promotes the party and he did found it so it's pretty much his party.
Not having a chance in hell of getting into parliament himself he joined forces with The Mana Party, a break away party of the Maori party, led by the biggest cunt in the world. It became The Internet/Mana Party. Oh the originality. The Mana Party agreed to this for obvious reasons, money.
Anywho, the Snowden thing... So Kim Dotcom has been, for the last two years, claiming John Key, the Prime Minister, knew about the illegal spying before the raids on the Dotcom Mansion and was misleading the public regarding NZ's spying actions within NZ. The question was not if the government was illegally spying on Dotcom, because they were, the question was whether Key knew about it or not.
Kim Dotcom had claimed he did for the last two years and that he had the proof to prove it. The other night Kim Dotcom held a press conference thing where he had hyped up that he would provide the proof that Key knew about the illegal spying.
It was a complete failure because Kim Dotcom didn't provide a single piece of evidence that John Key knew about the spying prior to the raid. Zero evidence. That of course failed to undermine Key and completely undermines Dotcom. He dug himself into a grave basically.
Dotcom did bring on Snowden however who claims that the NSA (or NAS, whatever it is in the US) was/is working and has bases within NZ and we, as NZers, are being spied on. He, Snowden, claimed we were part of this five country spying ring thing (US, UK, Aus, NZ, Can). The issue is, we (New Zealanders) don't care. I think the vast majority of people accept that there is some things regarding spying that the government don't tell us and we simply don't care. If anything it'll be a "why the fuck are they wasting their time and our tax dollar money reading my text messages?", not "omgz my privacy lol". So that whole issue was completely overshadowed by the fact that Kim Dotcom failed to provide a single shred of evidence that Key was lying.

John Key and Dotcom are like sworn enemies. Kim Dotcom says something negative about John Key and John Key laughs. It's adorable I must say.
This has been the single most... "not about the issues but sorta is about the issues but not really about the issues that matter such as education or healthcare" election in NZ history.

It's really heating up now, like REALLY heating up. It's going to be so fucking close it's impossible to call. So many factors to consider:

- The Mana Party (and thus Internet party) are holding onto their seat (their only way to get into parliament, I doubt they'll get 5% so they need to win an electoral seat and they've got all their eggs in one basket up far north.) by 1%!!!!! 1 fucking percent!!! If they lose that seat they can't coattail Internet party into parliament (because they wont get in theirselves). No Mana, no Internet. That means Labor wont have to make a deal with Internet/Mana which would otherwise include Kim Dotcom not being extradited which means Kim Dotcom would have to win his court case next year or his fatass is outta here. That'll make news.

- Conservatives very well could get in. They're ridiculously close to that 5% mark.

- NZ First. This is where things get very interesting. Winston Fucking Peters is willing to refuse a coalition with either Labor or National unless his demands are met. He said he will debate every single issue that comes through parliament. That means the whole house sitting down, discussing and voting on issues one by one. Very slow and painful process for 3 years. Doing it this way would basically mean Winston Peters would be the swing vote on every single issue and would basically get what he wants every time an issue passes through the house.
The other thing is, the deputy Prime Minister job is up for grabs on the Labor side. That means he, Winston Fucking Peters, could side with Labor and become deputy fucking Prime Minister!!!

Its just ridiculously close.

Here are standings in the news political polls.

National: 46.4 percent
Labour: 25.9 percent
NZ First: 5.8 percent
Greens: 12.6 percent
ACT: 0.6 percent
United Future: 0.1 percent
Maori Party: 2 percent
Internet Mana: 1.7 percent

Which would be:

National: 58 seats
United Future: 1 seat (Peter Dunne wins his electorate. Basically an independent)
ACT: 1 seat (National gift ACT the Epson electorate)
Labour: 33 seats
Greens: 16 seats
Internet Mana: 2 seats (If Mana win their electorate which they are only winning by 1% in the polls. Labour's dude is hot on their heals. They are able to coattail a second person into parliament due to bullshit coattail rule)
NZ First: 7 seats
Maori Party: 3 seats (they win a couple electorates)

National, UF, ACT: 60 seats
Labour, Greens, Internet Mana: 51 seats

You need 61 seats for form a government. Maori party and NZ First go with whoever gives them the best deal at the time. You can see the issue.

Election is on Saturday (so Sunday American time). I'm so fucking pumped for this, it's gonna be one of the most interesting, close, suspenseful, exciting elections in NZ history. I fucking love it! God damn I fucking love politics.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
17-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Just voted. Couldn't wait till Saturday.
I just fucking love this shit.

WOOOO!
18-09-2014, 04:13 PM
(17-09-2014 07:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just voted. Couldn't wait till Saturday.
I just fucking love this shit.

WOOOO!

Did you vote Maori?

#sigh
18-09-2014, 11:54 PM
No, two votes National.
19-09-2014, 08:58 PM
4 hours till the election special kicks off and the votes start getting counted and come in.
The suspense is killing me!!

I doubt we'll find out who will govern tonight because if Winston Peters holds the balance of power then negotiations have to take place which knowing Winston could take weeks.
20-09-2014, 06:09 AM
WOOOO!!! NZ YOU BEAUTY!!!

It went EXACTLY as I had hoped it would.

National got a staggering 48% of the party votes which combined with their electoral seat victories allowed them to govern on their own with absolutely no help required.
ACT won Epson, as I knew they would, because National gifted them that seat.
Peter Dunne for United Future retains his seat.
And Maori Party did pretty bad. They won 1 of the 3 electorates they were hoping to win and only just got 1.2% with 1.3% (if you win an electoral seat and win 1.2% of the party vote you can bring another member into parliament. Otherwise you need 5% and no electoral seats in order to get into parliament). So they only got 2 members into parliament.

National will form a coalition with ACT, UF and Maori Party even though they don't need too. Basically the status quo remains except National gained 2 extra seats.

Conservatives and Colin Fuckface Craig only got 4.1% of the party vote!! woooo! so they didn't get into parliament. Colin Crag invested more of his personal money into this campaign then what National spent on their campaign. Millions, wasted. Hahahahahaha fuckface!

Hone lost his seat!!!!!!!!! HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! I was on my seat jumping up and down as the votes started coming in and he lost the lead and eventually lost by a landslide. So no Internet Mana Party.

Greens only got 10% of the party vote. They had hoped for 15%. It's not a great result for them but it's not a bad one either.

NZ First got 8.9%!! So Winston Fucking Peters didn't get the power to decide who gets into parliament! wooo!

And Labour... oh my god Labour... second worst result in Labour history. Less then 25% of the vote!!

65 seats National, ACT, UF, Maori
56 seats Labour, Greens, NZ First.

New Zealand, you fantastic country you!
20-09-2014, 06:33 AM
You gave the greens a few seats.Laugh out load

You really are hopeless, aren't you?

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
20-09-2014, 06:54 AM
(20-09-2014 06:33 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  You gave the greens a few seats.Laugh out load

You really are hopeless, aren't you?

You can't even vote. Laugh out load