New Zealand politics, who's pumped for this years election?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
15-06-2014, 08:02 AM
RE: New Zealand politics, who's pumped for this years election?
(15-06-2014 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-06-2014 02:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Winston is the smartest, most honest and most sensible of them all.
He's had my vote for at least the last five elections. Before that I used to support National.

Fuck off he is, he's a douche bag piece of shit.
He's an attention seeking cunt who's only interest is self promotion.
He doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything except causing up shit that puts him on the newspaper front pages. If you vote for him he wont even represent you in parliament because he'll be kicked out after trying to do something inflammatory to get onto the news.

There are two people in NZ politics that are so obviously in it for selfish reasons. Peters, who craves the limelight and what's his face from the Mana party who's just after the money. Neither give a fuck about what they actually stand for.
At least Cuntlif and Craig appear to believe in what they stand for.

Peters has been in it far too long. You can't be in politics that long and still be passionate about what you stand for. He's an old crusty fart and you'd have to be fucking retarded to vote for him. Also damn it I'm out of vanilla coca cola.
He wont represent your interests and if a coalition between NZ First, Labor, Greens got into power they all have such different ideas and are all so fucking vocal that absolutely nothing would get done. Nothing. Because if the Greens don't stop whatever Labor want to get through the house you can be damn sure Peters will. Not to mention if the Greens want something through or NZ First.
It'll be an incredibly painful 3 years of dysfunctional family bullshit.
At least with a National vote you know what you're getting (because a vote for Labor or NZ First or Greens is a vote for the other). You're getting 99% National policy with one or two mild ACT policies thrown in. With Labor, Greens and NZ First who fucking knows what's gonna happen... if anything...
I've never had Vanilla Coke. Cherry Coke is pretty good. Then there's cocaine. I'd suggest you keep that in moderation!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2014, 02:52 PM
(15-06-2014 08:02 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fuck off he is, he's a douche bag piece of shit.
He's an attention seeking cunt who's only interest is self promotion.
He doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything except causing up shit that puts him on the newspaper front pages. If you vote for him he wont even represent you in parliament because he'll be kicked out after trying to do something inflammatory to get onto the news.

There are two people in NZ politics that are so obviously in it for selfish reasons. Peters, who craves the limelight and what's his face from the Mana party who's just after the money. Neither give a fuck about what they actually stand for.
At least Cuntlif and Craig appear to believe in what they stand for.

Peters has been in it far too long. You can't be in politics that long and still be passionate about what you stand for. He's an old crusty fart and you'd have to be fucking retarded to vote for him. Also damn it I'm out of vanilla coca cola.
He wont represent your interests and if a coalition between NZ First, Labor, Greens got into power they all have such different ideas and are all so fucking vocal that absolutely nothing would get done. Nothing. Because if the Greens don't stop whatever Labor want to get through the house you can be damn sure Peters will. Not to mention if the Greens want something through or NZ First.
It'll be an incredibly painful 3 years of dysfunctional family bullshit.
At least with a National vote you know what you're getting (because a vote for Labor or NZ First or Greens is a vote for the other). You're getting 99% National policy with one or two mild ACT policies thrown in. With Labor, Greens and NZ First who fucking knows what's gonna happen... if anything...
I've never had Vanilla Coke. Cherry Coke is pretty good. Then there's cocaine. I'd suggest you keep that in moderation!

Don't need to keep it in moderation, I'm never gonna have it, hate cherry flavored everything.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
15-06-2014, 03:12 PM
(15-06-2014 02:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 08:02 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I've never had Vanilla Coke. Cherry Coke is pretty good. Then there's cocaine. I'd suggest you keep that in moderation!

Don't need to keep it in moderation, I'm never gonna have it, hate cherry flavored everything.

What if there was cherry cocaine on a strippers tits? Would you not at least be tempted?
15-06-2014, 03:13 PM
Did the Maori win?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
15-06-2014, 03:14 PM
(15-06-2014 03:12 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 02:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't need to keep it in moderation, I'm never gonna have it, hate cherry flavored everything.

What if there was cherry cocaine on a strippers tits? Would you not at least be tempted?

I think you're using the wrong bait for this prey.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
15-06-2014, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2014 03:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
Maori don't need socks.

[Image: maori.jpg]

Did the Maori win?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
15-06-2014, 03:54 PM
(15-06-2014 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  He's an attention seeking cunt who's only interest is self promotion.
That is what politicing is about. Shaking hands, kissing babies and getting noticed. If people ain't heard of you then people aint gonna vote for you.
Many a time has NZ first got into parliament on Winston's credit alone.
(15-06-2014 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  He doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything except causing up shit that puts him on the newspaper front pages.
That's not true.
He is passionate about looking after pensioners. He is passionate about a unified one rule for all NZ. He is focused on NZ's primary sector and export market, which is where we are world leaders and provides us the ability to generate income above our national debt. He understand the risk of being dependant on one or two nations regarding investments and immigration. He is somewhat of a watchdog exposing criminal activities and corruption within government.
(15-06-2014 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you vote for him he wont even represent you in parliament because he'll be kicked out after trying to do something inflammatory to get onto the news.
That's not true.
Most times Winston has been in parliament he has done a terrific job. He has implemented many of the policies he campaigned over. He has generally negotiated well after elections to get some of his policies in, which is difficult to do for a minor party.
Generally when he has been on cabinet he get kudos from the main party because he is highly competent and does a great job.
(15-06-2014 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  There are two people in NZ politics that are so obviously in it for selfish reasons. Peters, who craves the limelight and what's his face from the Mana party who's just after the money. Neither give a fuck about what they actually stand for.
I'd say the worst we have ever had is Don Brash who would sell his grandmother for the opportunity to be top dog. Him and his "gone by lunchtime" secret conversations with the Americans.
(15-06-2014 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Peters has been in it far too long. You can't be in politics that long and still be passionate about what you stand for. He's an old crusty fart and you'd have to be fucking retarded to vote for him.
It's amazing that he has survived this long. It's a testament to his passion, his trustworthiness, his quality as an intelligent and honest politician. They are hard to come by.
Generally politicians, given time, do something that screws up their image, the media have had it in for Winston ever since he left National, but despite this he still manages to captivate attention, read the pulse of the nation and say the right things on the night. In debates he is shrewd and cunning and makes his opponents appear like pretenders just learning the game.
Even the media (whom collectively hate him) generally grade Winston as winning the debates. I think he is a great role model for politicians and especially Maori politicians (where great role models are often lacking).
(15-06-2014 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  He wont represent your interests and if a coalition between NZ First, Labor, Greens got into power they all have such different ideas and are all so fucking vocal that absolutely nothing would get done.
This is not true.
As of the last decade or so, both National and Labour have moved closer to each other, both are relatively centre. Winston has his policies that he campaigns on and quite often in the past elections have been tight, making Winston the King maker, he has gone with whichever party allows him to implement the policies that his supporters have voted for.
Whether he has been in a Nation led or Labour led government, they have generally been OK and Winston has been able to implement some of his important policies.
(15-06-2014 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  At least with a National vote you know what you're getting (because a vote for Labor or NZ First or Greens is a vote for the other).
My biggest negative on Winston is that during the gay marriage referendum he had all his party vote "No". It wasn't because he is against gay marriage, but it was because he thought it was a big item and thought it deemed a referendum in the manner of "Let the people decide". Personally I am not for majority rules. If there isn't a social saftey issue then there is no need to outlaw gay marriage. So in my opinion it doesn't need a referendum.
My biggest negative on John Key is that he went against an outstanding majority referendum with over 87% of people not wanting smaking to be outlawed. It shows that John doesn't take democracy seriously and feels he has the power to implement restrictive law as it suits him.

(15-06-2014 05:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're getting 99% National policy with one or two mild ACT policies thrown in. With Labor, Greens and NZ First who fucking knows what's gonna happen... if anything...
If NZ First get some of their policies in then generally that is to the benefit of the country, regardless of whether it is with National or Labour.

I'll wait and see how Winston campaigns, what policies he is for before deciding which way to go.

BTW, Just out of interest, do you ever vote other than National? Didn't Don Brash worry you when he was leader of National?
15-06-2014, 03:58 PM
(15-06-2014 03:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Did the Maori win?
Are you referring to the Soccer world cup?
I think it is still being played at the moment. We'll have to wait and see.
15-06-2014, 04:39 PM
(15-06-2014 03:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 03:12 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  What if there was cherry cocaine on a strippers tits? Would you not at least be tempted?

I think you're using the wrong bait for this prey.

Why? Is he gay? Ok. What if I put it on my cock?
15-06-2014, 04:49 PM
(15-06-2014 03:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Maori don't need socks.

[Image: maori.jpg]

Did the Maori win?
Oh come on now. You know that tattoos won't protect a person from the elements.