New Zealand politics, who's pumped for this years election?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
15-06-2014, 05:29 PM
RE: New Zealand politics, who's pumped for this years election?
(15-06-2014 04:49 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 03:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Maori don't need socks.

[Image: maori.jpg]

Did the Maori win?
Oh come on now. You know that tattoos won't protect a person from the elements.

You mix some DEET in with the ink. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2014, 05:37 PM
(15-06-2014 03:12 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 02:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Don't need to keep it in moderation, I'm never gonna have it, hate cherry flavored everything.

What if there was cherry cocaine on a strippers tits? Would you not at least be tempted?

You clearly don't know me very well.

Quote:That is what politicing is about. Shaking hands, kissing babies and getting noticed. If people ain't heard of you then people aint gonna vote for you.
Many a time has NZ first got into parliament on Winston's credit alone.

There's holding babies for the camera, and there's being a prick for the sake of getting on the front pages.
And of course NZ First got in on Peter's credit alone, the party would be nothing without his personal support. Much like UF would die without Dunne.

Quote:That's not true.
He is passionate about looking after pensioners.

That's because they vote for him, he sucks up to them because it means he can get back into parliament and continue to make a fool of himself to get on the news.

Quote: He is passionate about a unified one rule for all NZ. He is focused on NZ's primary sector and export market, which is where we are world leaders and provides us the ability to generate income above our national debt. He understand the risk of being dependant on one or two nations regarding investments and immigration.

Provided they're the current flavor of the week. And besides, National is focused on driving business forward, starting up small business with growth potential and all that market shit.
And Peter's policy on immigration is borderline racist. "Immigration Invasion".
Immigration brings economic growth, it brings cultural diversity and all that shit.
Peter's stance that immigration is breaking the housing market in Auckland is just false. Firstly, who gives a fuck about Auckland housing prices, it's Auckland. Second, the issue with Auckland housing prices is that everyone still wants their house and backyard and veggie garden. You can't live in a major city

Quote:He is somewhat of a watchdog exposing criminal activities and corruption within government.

You having a laugh?

Quote:Most times Winston has been in parliament he has done a terrific job. He has implemented many of the policies he campaigned over. He has generally negotiated well after elections to get some of his policies in, which is difficult to do for a minor party.

Not when you hold the power, ie: the 96' election.
If a party like Labor or National need you to get into power it's not hard at all to negotiate, it's simply a matter of getting the best deal.
Besides, National wont form a coalition with him so he's stuck with Labor anyway.

Quote:Generally when he has been on cabinet he get kudos from the main party because he is highly competent and does a great job.

He was kicked out of National Party cabinet and forced to the backbenches.
Yea.. kudos..

Quote:I'd say the worst we have ever had is Don Brash who would sell his grandmother for the opportunity to be top dog. Him and his "gone by lunchtime" secret conversations with the Americans.

Don Brash is a giant cunt, no arguments here.

Quote:It's amazing that he has survived this long. It's a testament to his passion, his trustworthiness, his quality as an intelligent and honest politician. They are hard to come by.
Generally politicians, given time, do something that screws up their image, the media have had it in for Winston ever since he left National, but despite this he still manages to captivate attention, read the pulse of the nation and say the right things on the night.

I do give you that, that it is amazing he's survived this long.
Like chewing gum on the sole of ones shoe.

Quote:In debates he is shrewd and cunning and makes his opponents appear like pretenders just learning the game. Even the media (whom collectively hate him) generally grade Winston as winning the debates.

Not recently. But yes he can be rather witty.
Though, debates don't run a country. You can be witty and funny and give little jabs at your opponent to win over a crowd, that doesn't make you a great public servant, that makes you great public speaker.

Quote:As of the last decade or so, both National and Labour have moved closer to each other, both are relatively centre.

No, National is close to the center. Labor is much further left of the center than National is right of it.

Quote:My biggest negative on Winston is that during the gay marriage referendum he had all his party vote "No". It wasn't because he is against gay marriage, but it was because he thought it was a big item and thought it deemed a referendum in the manner of "Let the people decide". Personally I am not for majority rules. If there isn't a social saftey issue then there is no need to outlaw gay marriage. So in my opinion it doesn't need a referendum.

The whole gay marriage thing was fucking stupid all round. Key should not have made it a conscious vote. Conscious votes are for issues where opinion of morals differ, ie: Euthanasia. I see gay marriage issue as a breech of human rights and so it should have been a very clear cut we're gonna pass this through so NZers have equal rights issue.

Quote:My biggest negative on John Key is that he went against an outstanding majority referendum with over 87% of people not wanting smaking to be outlawed. It shows that John doesn't take democracy seriously and feels he has the power to implement restrictive law as it suits him.

That referendum was the very first time I voted. Are you sure it was 87? I thought it was in the 90's. But anyway. You just said "Personally I am not for majority rules". I believe NZers didn't fully understand the bill. It was not about punishing good parents who occasionally hit their children like so many thought and the media portrayed. It was about punishing parents who physically abuse their children and call it "smacking" as a defense.
I think Key did the right thing by ignoring the referendum results because the bill aims to protect those that do not have a voice in our democracy system, children.

Quote:If NZ First get some of their policies in then generally that is to the benefit of the country, regardless of whether it is with National or Labour.

It depends on the policy. Which depends on the flavor of the week.
They wont get their immigration policy through because National wont have a bar of that shit and Labor want immigration to be their policy, not NZ First's.

Quote:BTW, Just out of interest, do you ever vote other than National? Didn't Don Brash worry you when he was leader of National?

I'm 22, I didn't get to vote in the '05 election and I would never have voted for Brash. And I sure as shit didn't vote for ACT in '11.
I'm not saying National is the holy grail of political parties. For example, I would have seriously considered voting for Clark (mind you, my political ideals have changed a lot since than). BUT, right now, they are by far the best party and the best option for this country.
Take ACT for example, I never would have voted for them prior to this year. I've hated Brash, Hide and Banks all with a serious passion. This year they will likely receive my party vote because I believe they have far better leadership and I like the direction he is taking the party and I like a lot of their policies (not to keen on the flat tax rate though but that'll never come into effect so I'm not worried).

I'm not someone that will vote for a party always forever without changing simply because "that's my party". I'll look at policies, leadership etc.. and make an informed decision from that. Who do I want running this country for the next 3 years?

What about you? NZ First man all the way?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
15-06-2014, 05:54 PM
(15-06-2014 05:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 03:12 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  What if there was cherry cocaine on a strippers tits? Would you not at least be tempted?

You clearly don't know me very well.

Quote:That is what politicing is about. Shaking hands, kissing babies and getting noticed. If people ain't heard of you then people aint gonna vote for you.
Many a time has NZ first got into parliament on Winston's credit alone.

There's holding babies for the camera, and there's being a prick for the sake of getting on the front pages.
And of course NZ First got in on Peter's credit alone, the party would be nothing without his personal support. Much like UF would die without Dunne.

Quote:That's not true.
He is passionate about looking after pensioners.

That's because they vote for him, he sucks up to them because it means he can get back into parliament and continue to make a fool of himself to get on the news.

Quote: He is passionate about a unified one rule for all NZ. He is focused on NZ's primary sector and export market, which is where we are world leaders and provides us the ability to generate income above our national debt. He understand the risk of being dependant on one or two nations regarding investments and immigration.

Provided they're the current flavor of the week. And besides, National is focused on driving business forward, starting up small business with growth potential and all that market shit.
Immigration brings economic growth, it brings cultural diversity and all that shit.
Peter's stance that immigration is breaking the housing market in Auckland is just false. Firstly, who gives a fuck about Auckland housing prices, it's Auckland. Second, the issue with Auckland housing prices is that everyone still wants their house and backyard and veggie garden. You can't live in a major city

Quote:He is somewhat of a watchdog exposing criminal activities and corruption within government.

You having a laugh?

Quote:Most times Winston has been in parliament he has done a terrific job. He has implemented many of the policies he campaigned over. He has generally negotiated well after elections to get some of his policies in, which is difficult to do for a minor party.

If a party like Labor or National need you to get into power it's not hard at all to negotiate, it's simply a matter of getting the best deal.
Besides, National wont form a coalition with him so he's stuck with Labor anyway.

Quote:Generally when he has been on cabinet he get kudos from the main party because he is highly competent and does a great job.

Yea.. kudos..

Quote:I'd say the worst we have ever had is Don Brash who would sell his grandmother for the opportunity to be top dog. Him and his "gone by lunchtime" secret conversations with the Americans.

Quote:It's amazing that he has survived this long. It's a testament to his passion, his trustworthiness, his quality as an intelligent and honest politician. They are hard to come by.
Generally politicians, given time, do something that screws up their image, the media have had it in for Winston ever since he left National, but despite this he still manages to captivate attention, read the pulse of the nation and say the right things on the night.

Quote:In debates he is shrewd and cunning and makes his opponents appear like pretenders just learning the game. Even the media (whom collectively hate him) generally grade Winston as winning the debates.

Though, debates don't run a country. You can be witty and funny and give little jabs at your opponent to win over a crowd, that doesn't make you a great public servant, that makes you great public speaker.

Quote:As of the last decade or so, both National and Labour have moved closer to each other, both are relatively centre.

No, National is close to the center. Labor is much further left of the center than National is right of it.

Quote:My biggest negative on Winston is that during the gay marriage referendum he had all his party vote "No". It wasn't because he is against gay marriage, but it was because he thought it was a big item and thought it deemed a referendum in the manner of "Let the people decide". Personally I am not for majority rules. If there isn't a social saftey issue then there is no need to outlaw gay marriage. So in my opinion it doesn't need a referendum.

The whole gay marriage thing was fucking stupid all round. Key should not have made it a conscious vote. Conscious votes are for issues where opinion of morals differ, ie: Euthanasia. I see gay marriage issue as a breech of human rights and so it should have been a very clear cut we're gonna pass this through so NZers have equal rights issue.

Quote:My biggest negative on John Key is that he went against an outstanding majority referendum with over 87% of people not wanting smaking to be outlawed. It shows that John doesn't take democracy seriously and feels he has the power to implement restrictive law as it suits him.

That referendum was the very first time I voted. Are you sure it was 87? I thought it was in the 90's. But anyway. You just said "Personally I am not for majority rules". I believe NZers didn't fully understand the bill. It was not about punishing good parents who occasionally hit their children like so many thought and the media portrayed. It was about punishing parents who physically abuse their children and call it "smacking" as a defense.
I think Key did the right thing by ignoring the referendum results because the bill aims to protect those that do not have a voice in our democracy system, children.

Quote:If NZ First get some of their policies in then generally that is to the benefit of the country, regardless of whether it is with National or Labour.

They wont get their immigration policy through because National wont have a bar of that shit and Labor want immigration to be their policy, not NZ First's.

Quote:BTW, Just out of interest, do you ever vote other than National? Didn't Don Brash worry you when he was leader of National?

I'm 22, I didn't get to vote in the '05 election and I would never have voted for Brash. And I sure as shit didn't vote for ACT in '11.
I'm not saying National is the holy grail of political parties. For example, I would have seriously considered voting for Clark (mind you, my political ideals have changed a lot since than). BUT, right now, they are by far the best party and the best option for this country.
Take ACT for example, I never would have voted for them prior to this year. I've hated Brash, Hide and Banks all with a serious passion. This year they will likely receive my party vote because I believe they have far better leadership and I like the direction he is taking the party and I like a lot of their policies (not to keen on the flat tax rate though but that'll never come into effect so I'm not worried).

I'm not someone that will vote for a party always forever without changing simply because "that's my party". I'll look at policies, leadership etc.. and make an informed decision from that. Who do I want running this country for the next 3 years?

Study math. Drinking Beverage

15-06-2014, 06:01 PM
(15-06-2014 05:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 05:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You clearly don't know me very well.

You having a laugh?

Yea.. kudos..

Study math. Drinking Beverage

Why?

15-06-2014, 06:03 PM
(15-06-2014 06:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 05:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Study math. Drinking Beverage

Why?

So you know you can do math. MuffinEars can't do math. Tongue

15-06-2014, 06:06 PM
(15-06-2014 06:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 06:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why?

So you know you can do math. MuffinEars can't do math. Tongue

My maths is fine.. please, point to where my maths is not fine.

15-06-2014, 06:09 PM
(15-06-2014 06:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 06:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So you know you can do math. MuffinEars can't do math. Tongue

My maths is fine.. please, point to where my maths is not fine.

Tell me what you think of Delta Epsilon proofs.

15-06-2014, 06:30 PM
(15-06-2014 06:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 06:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  My maths is fine.. please, point to where my maths is not fine.

Tell me what you think of Delta Epsilon proofs.

I think they're an interesting field of mathematics. Drinking Beverage

15-06-2014, 06:57 PM
(15-06-2014 05:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And of course NZ First got in on Peter's credit alone, the party would be nothing without his personal support.
That's true. Without Winston I wouldn't vote for NZ first. If they were a major party, I wouldn't vote for them because they don't have enough talent in order to run a whole country. Winston is competent and trust worthy, I am fine with him in cabinet. And i like him moderating the major party and getting some of his major policies in.
(15-06-2014 05:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Provided they're the current flavor of the week.
That's not true. He doesn't flip flop. He has been campaining for pensioners his whole political career. He has been campaining for export driven economy his whole career.
(15-06-2014 05:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And Peter's policy on immigration is borderline racist. "Immigration Invasion".
I'm married to a Chinese girl, my kids are half Chinese and my inlaws are 100% Chinese. I don't believe the rubbish perception that the media put out. Immigration policy has certain aspects associated to it. Winston just stated some stuff that people generally address outside of the public fanfare. It is that Winston is open and honest (transparent) and this can give a negative perception of him and can be easily twisted by the media into racism.

(15-06-2014 05:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Peter's stance that immigration is breaking the housing market in Auckland is just false. Firstly, who gives a fuck about Auckland housing prices, it's Auckland. Second, the issue with Auckland housing prices is that everyone still wants their house and backyard and veggie garden. You can't live in a major city
NZ house market is a mess. It is very hard for a first time buyer to buy a house. NZ is more costly than most countries in comparision to average income.
Labour want to combat this issue by introducing Capital gains tax (which is what the rest of the developed world does).
Winston sees the danger in having wealthy Chinese buy up the NZ property market, pushing up prices and taking profits overseas. Also the problem with Chinese mentality is that they very much have a heard mentality. One minute they are all buying, the next they are all selling. It wreaked havoc with our export of overseas education a few years back because all of a sudden the Chinese pulled out in mass and many language institutes went under. NZ needs to diversify, and needs to control the rate at which particular cultures come in.
When we have Chinese come in at too fast a rate, then they congregate together, they live here for decades, don't learn the language, don't mix with non Chinese. It causes racism issues.
Immigration is complex.
(15-06-2014 05:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Besides, National wont form a coalition with him so he's stuck with Labor anyway.
That's national's problem, Winston is happy to form a coallition with either National or Labour. If the chips come down to it, I'm sure Nation would rather be in government than not. NZ first is more right than left.
(15-06-2014 05:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  What about you? NZ First man all the way?
I used to vote National, then I switched to Winston. I may have voted National once since. I don't think I have ever voted Labour, not sure though.
26-06-2014, 12:10 AM
I'll respond to you a bit later Stevil (I know I know, I'm slack what else is new Tongue)

86 days to go!

Latest polls looking fucking awesome.
NZ First polling at less than 3% LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
And god damn I pray to the non-existent God that Key doesn't do a deal with Craig.
If the actual election goes in the same way as the latest political polls I will be a very very happy camper indeed.