New Zealand politics, who's pumped for this years election?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
10-08-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: New Zealand politics, who's pumped for this years election?
40 Days.

All is running smoothly.

Colin Cuntface Craig is not going to get into government. He's not going to win his electorate and National have stated that there is no way they're giving him that seat. It's McCully's seat ffs, he's a Cabinet minister and a senior minister and has held that seat since 84'.
Craig was fucking cheeky to think National would gift it to him.

ACT will get there usual one seat which is fine by me. The party is so much better now IMO under new leadership. I agree with most of what he says (I can't think of his name for the life of me) and disagree with some things, such as the flat tax rate, but overall he's the closest we have to a right wing libertarian (what I am).

National are going strong as always.

Greens are going strongish as always which is fine by me because they take all of Labors votes.

NZ First is polling crap which is perfectly fine by me. Big Grin

I guess the only disappointments are that Internet/Mana is polling better than I expected and Labor is stepping up on their political promises (they have some good policies, just a pity they're unrealistic, unaffordable and only there to "buy" votes).

It will be a close one, as it usually is but I'm confident National will win this. Cuntliff is too much of an unlikeable douche.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 08:09 AM
I think I would vote for NZF. They are the only party that seems likely to fight multiculturalism. Although I disagree with them on the anti-smacking law.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
11-08-2014, 03:53 PM
(11-08-2014 08:09 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  I think I would vote for NZF. They are the only party that seems likely to fight multiculturalism. Although I disagree with them on the anti-smacking law.
Yes, agree with the multiculturalism however the media has built up a perception that Winston is anti-Chinese. And Winston is using it to get in the media lime light "Two Wongs don't make a right"

What is Winston's position on anti-smaking? Generally Winston refers these to referendums and NZ resoundingly didn't want anti-smacking laws.

It was John Key who thought he knew better than NZ people and decided to ignore us and force this law onto us.
11-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Where is this "New Zealand" you speak of ? Is it a small town in Canada ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
11-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Re: RE: New Zealand politics, who's pumped for this years election?
(11-08-2014 04:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Where is this "New Zealand" you speak of ? Is it a small town in Canada ?

I just thought of a better question... Where's Zealand? I haven't hears of it once. And oddly only recently, I asked myself where Jersey was opposed to new Jersey. I had no clue it was an island

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
11-08-2014, 05:24 PM
(11-08-2014 05:19 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 04:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Where is this "New Zealand" you speak of ? Is it a small town in Canada ?

I just thought of a better question... Where's Zealand? I haven't hears of it once. And oddly only recently, I asked myself where Jersey was opposed to new Jersey. I had no clue it was an island

It is in the Netherlands. There it is spelt Zeeland, which means "Sealand". There is also an island in Denmark called Zealand, although it is unrelated to New Zealand.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post
11-08-2014, 07:25 PM
(11-08-2014 05:24 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 05:19 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I just thought of a better question... Where's Zealand? I haven't hears of it once. And oddly only recently, I asked myself where Jersey was opposed to new Jersey. I had no clue it was an island

It is in the Netherlands. There it is spelt Zeeland, which means "Sealand". There is also an island in Denmark called Zealand, although it is unrelated to New Zealand.
And for the bonus point.
Where is New New Zealand?
12-08-2014, 04:10 AM
(11-08-2014 03:53 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 08:09 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  I think I would vote for NZF. They are the only party that seems likely to fight multiculturalism. Although I disagree with them on the anti-smacking law.
Yes, agree with the multiculturalism however the media has built up a perception that Winston is anti-Chinese. And Winston is using it to get in the media lime light "Two Wongs don't make a right"

What is Winston's position on anti-smaking? Generally Winston refers these to referendums and NZ resoundingly didn't want anti-smacking laws.

It was John Key who thought he knew better than NZ people and decided to ignore us and force this law onto us.

I believe (or at least thought) he said "two Wongs don't make a white".
Which you can understand the uproar as it is racist. Sure, it's funny but the question is not if it's funny or not (even though he's trying to complain that those that complain have no sense of humor), the question is that he is a politician and should not be saying things like that in the public light.

I think it's reinforces my point about him being an attention seeking douche. He just happens to be good entertainment. Tongue

As for the smacking, every opposition party says the same thing. Hell, I even believe Maori says the same thing.

That particular referendum was the first time I voted actually.

That particular referendum was an interesting case. I don't believe New Zealanders understood that bill at all. They thought it would effect them, the average Kiwi, where in fact it was actually aimed at closing a loophole that allowed certain parents in certain cases to get away with physically abusing (not smacking to discipline, but abusing) their children.
In that particular case I believed than as I still do today that National did the right thing. It didn't say you couldn't smack your kids like people thought.

In fact, you watch when politicians talk about that referendum. They never talk about being opposed to closing loopholes in the law, they never talk about being opposed to anything in the bill. They state that referendum's results should be mandatory, completely side stepping the fact that the anti-smacking bill was not about punishing parents but about closing a loophole in the law that allowed parents in certain situations to get away with abuse.

[Image: oscar.png]
12-08-2014, 06:43 PM
(12-08-2014 04:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 03:53 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Yes, agree with the multiculturalism however the media has built up a perception that Winston is anti-Chinese. And Winston is using it to get in the media lime light "Two Wongs don't make a right"

I believe (or at least thought) he said "two Wongs don't make a white".
Which you can understand the uproar as it is racist. Sure, it's funny but the question is not if it's funny or not (even though he's trying to complain that those that complain have no sense of humor), the question is that he is a politician and should not be saying things like that in the public light.

I think it's reinforces my point about him being an attention seeking douche. He just happens to be good entertainment. Tongue

As for the smacking, every opposition party says the same thing. Hell, I even believe Maori says the same thing.

That particular referendum was the first time I voted actually.

That particular referendum was an interesting case. I don't believe New Zealanders understood that bill at all. They thought it would effect them, the average Kiwi, where in fact it was actually aimed at closing a loophole that allowed certain parents in certain cases to get away with physically abusing (not smacking to discipline, but abusing) their children.
In that particular case I believed than as I still do today that National did the right thing. It didn't say you couldn't smack your kids like people thought.

In fact, you watch when politicians talk about that referendum. They never talk about being opposed to closing loopholes in the law, they never talk about being opposed to anything in the bill. They state that referendum's results should be mandatory, completely side stepping the fact that the anti-smacking bill was not about punishing parents but about closing a loophole in the law that allowed parents in certain situations to get away with abuse.

Like I said, I disagree with him on this. But I still think he could be NZ's best hope for a free and unIslamic society.

12-08-2014, 07:04 PM
(12-08-2014 04:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I believe (or at least thought) he said "two Wongs don't make a white".
That's even worse.
At least Winston isn't white, then people would have assumed Winston was saying that you are only an NZer if you are white.

(12-08-2014 04:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  That particular referendum was an interesting case. I don't believe New Zealanders understood that bill at all. They thought it would effect them, the average Kiwi, where in fact it was actually aimed at closing a loophole that allowed certain parents in certain cases to get away with physically abusing (not smacking to discipline, but abusing) their children.
Actually, I think NZers were voting against a Nanny State, where the government thinks it has the responsibility to control how mothers and fathers bring up their children.
This goes way beyond the remit of government, way beyond what the NZ people want the government to control.
In this instance John Key showed he has no respect for democracy and that he has no idea what government is for. It's an abuse of power.