New and militant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 02:52 AM
New and militant
I'm a self-outing Atheist. I've been one since I was about 12, however I'm just now at 30 years old openly talking about it. I have a FB and disqus account, and neither are satisfying my need and want to blog and engage with like minded people, I guess you can say I'm thirsty. A few months back I was really soaking up the Satanism stuff but I learned quickly that it was just as ritualistic as say, Catholicism. Regardless i love Satanists and really anyone standing up to main stream and all religion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Meeks82the4's post
01-09-2014, 03:02 AM
RE: New and militant
Meek? I think not.

Welcome aboard.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
01-09-2014, 03:05 AM
Thank you DLJ. And hello.
02-09-2014, 06:53 AM
I'm the same. I've never been religious, always an Atheist but just recently I've become a little militant. Many of the blogs I read, podcasts I listen to and books I read are about atheism, skepticism and using logic, reason and research to come to conclusions about any topic.

I'm not sure if I'm over the top or just found a new interest. It's hard figuring out how to behave or act when you hear things that you know aren't right?

Like "hey I just bought a bag of chips, they're gluton free". Well you don't have Celiac disease so who gives a shit.

But you don't want to be rude. To clarify and explain how gluton free means nothing if you don't have the disease but you know after 3 words out they would be rolling their eyes so you don't bother.

It's a balancing act of when to speak your mind or not. I don't want to be that douche bag either. When my in laws are talking with my brother in law about the movie Noah's Ark and how it's a terrible depiction of the story in the bible. I just stay quiet for respect for my wife. But I want to confront them, why does it matter. THe Noah's ark story is just another myth story anyway. Then I could say 3 or 4 different points to explain how it never occurred but I don't.

I guess it's why I come here and read.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2014, 06:56 AM
(01-09-2014 02:52 AM)Meeks82the4 Wrote:  I'm a self-outing Atheist. I've been one since I was about 12, however I'm just now at 30 years old openly talking about it. I have a FB and disqus account, and neither are satisfying my need and want to blog and engage with like minded people, I guess you can say I'm thirsty. A few months back I was really soaking up the Satanism stuff but I learned quickly that it was just as ritualistic as say, Catholicism. Regardless i love Satanists and really anyone standing up to main stream and all religion.

Why do you love "Satanists"? As a joke to religion, ok, but I do myself frown on people who adapt that label as if it is some sort of license to be lawless. "Atheist" is still no more a moral code than any other label. Our ability as a species to be cruel or compassionate is in our evolution, not our labels.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2014, 07:19 AM
Welcome to TTA.

I have a fondness for the Satanists myself. I like the sense of humor they bring and because they seem to find a way to rock the boat using the same laws that others try to use to limit them.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
02-09-2014, 07:44 PM
(01-09-2014 02:52 AM)Meeks82the4 Wrote:  I'm a self-outing Atheist. I've been one since I was about 12, however I'm just now at 30 years old openly talking about it. I have a FB and disqus account, and neither are satisfying my need and want to blog and engage with like minded people, I guess you can say I'm thirsty. A few months back I was really soaking up the Satanism stuff but I learned quickly that it was just as ritualistic as say, Catholicism. Regardless i love Satanists and really anyone standing up to main stream and all religion.

Yea, I looked into Wicca and a few other odds and ends of things before joining here. I still follow a Wiccan site on fb. I appreciate a lot of their ideals. Like you, I'm for anyone against mainstream religion.

Sounds like you'll fit in here nicely! Yes Welcome!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
02-09-2014, 07:49 PM
I have no faith what so ever in the satanic, or satanic rituals!
Butt I love Halloween! Evil_monster And Diablo3 is pretty cool, too Smile
Welcome Shy

08-09-2014, 11:57 PM
I have to ask, what has inspired your militant stance? I ask mainly because in some locales I just don't see the need for it. Where I live my life isn't dominated by any church but I know for someone in Texas the need to fight against religion would be real and necessary. I'm mostly just curious.
09-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Welcome to our community.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces