New astronomical sign of Jesus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 06:19 PM
New astronomical sign of Jesus
A solar eclipse that is set to happen next week and can only be seen over Antartica and parts of Australia is bringing out the crazies as they are yelling end of the world, return of Jesus again. When will this ever stop Facepalm

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
24-04-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: New astronomical sign of Jesus
(24-04-2014 06:19 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  A solar eclipse that is set to happen next week and can only be seen over Antartica and parts of Australia is bringing out the crazies as they are yelling end of the world, return of Jesus again. When will this ever stop Facepalm

I can't tell you how infuriating this shit is. I do astronomy and astrophotography by hobby and constantly am hearing people blab about how it's a biblical prophecy. I just roll my eyes and attempt to help them understand things a bit better. Fun fact: Solar eclipses happen more often than people think.

People going batshit crazy over it is no different than people saying that it's an evil wolf god and shouting at it will make it go away. Reference: Skoll the wolf.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
24-04-2014, 08:08 PM
(24-04-2014 08:04 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 06:19 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  A solar eclipse that is set to happen next week and can only be seen over Antartica and parts of Australia is bringing out the crazies as they are yelling end of the world, return of Jesus again. When will this ever stop Facepalm

I can't tell you how infuriating this shit is. I do astronomy and astrophotography by hobby and constantly am hearing people blab about how it's a biblical prophecy. I just roll my eyes and attempt to help them understand things a bit better. Fun fact: Solar eclipses happen more often than people think.

People going batshit crazy over it is no different than people saying that it's an evil wolf god and shouting at it will make it go away. Reference: Skoll the wolf.

Haha yeah, they are connecting it to the deadline of the Israel peace talks which takes place on the same day.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-04-2014, 08:51 PM

When Jesus finally decides to humor them!
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-04-2014, 08:54 PM
(24-04-2014 08:51 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

They will be waiting a long time

24-04-2014, 08:57 PM
You know I wait for the prophecy that says, look a bear shit in a neighbor hood, that means Jesus is here. God damn why doesn't the bible make prophecies like give a date, time, and the order it is going to happen in? I know because that god will never exist.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
24-04-2014, 09:00 PM
(24-04-2014 08:57 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  You know I wait for the prophecy that says, look a bear shit in a neighbor hood, that means Jesus is here. God damn why doesn't the bible make prophecies like give a date, time, and the order it is going to happen in? I know because that god will never exist.

I agree, bible prophecies are so vague.

24-04-2014, 09:04 PM
(24-04-2014 08:51 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

This gives me an idea for a massive world wide practical joke
[Image: 53E9982D-C562-4173-BB42-0CFC16EE1F75_zpslhxy4x6s.png]

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
24-04-2014, 09:07 PM
(24-04-2014 09:04 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 08:51 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  When Jesus finally decides to humor them!

This gives me an idea for a massive world wide practical joke
[Image: 53E9982D-C562-4173-BB42-0CFC16EE1F75_zpslhxy4x6s.png]

Lol care to explain?

25-04-2014, 05:53 AM
(24-04-2014 08:57 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  God damn why doesn't the bible make prophecies like give a date, time, and the order it is going to happen in?

Why? Because every time someone stupid like Harold Camping puts a date on it, it turns out to be wrong. That's the problem with demonstrably falsifiable assertions. Christianity exists to this day precisely because enough of it can't be tested. Bonus points for the Bible actually saying "Don't test the Lord your God".

It's the same reason YHWH stopped being a war god when the Romans controlled Jewish lands, and instead switched to being a god of peace and turning the other cheek. YHWH was demonstrably a pretty shitty war god at that point, and the Jews might have jettisoned the religion if it hadn't changed.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post