New at Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2016, 03:14 PM
New at Forum
I hope I post this at right place. I am 65 . Never experienced much about religion.We knew it was all about propaganda.But I see that then a lot of old people would go i n church and make sign of cross many times. Foolish of course but they were too old do change. It is very unusual to see many many people in American to think about church so much. Even to believe about people and all animals in small boat. To me this story is fairy tale. One time a person on street ask me if I am saved. I say I do not know what this means. Then of course much crazy talk.What is wrong with picture of peop!e who go to school and believe that we live in Alice in wonderland. Ari
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2016, 03:19 PM
RE: New at Forum
Ooh - I think a lot of us can relate to that.
Where are you from Ari? Did you start off in America? Give us an idea of where and how you grew up. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-09-2016, 03:29 PM
Welcome, Ari, I am sure you will find like minds here.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
14-09-2016, 03:45 PM
I am now near Boston. Like very much but went once for 2 years to Tennessee. I did not like. People smile and are good there but have very strange idea about science. They call science something doing with god. No talk will change their mind. I of course believe evolution. . They are not happy to hear about it. In school we hear about evolution about the universe and everything science finds We looked in telescope and those kind of thing. That was 60 yearsago school in soviet union. Now year is 2016 in america and the people want to read bible in school.they want to pray in the school . if this is what they want I think they need examination of their mind.
[+] 5 users Like Ari's post
14-09-2016, 03:50 PM
(14-09-2016 03:45 PM)Ari Wrote:  ---
Now year is 2016 in america and the people want to read bible in school.they want to pray in the school . if this is what they want I think they need examination of their mind.

Ha - well, a lot of people think the way you do, Ari. Wink

Where are you from originally? Where did you grow up and where did you learn english? When did you come to the US?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Soviet union. America 1984. English learned in school. Easy . I do not dislike people who go in the churches. Just do not understand it. My poor old grandmother went to church every day. My goodness she would even go on streets to make sign of cross. But is good memory even so.
[+] 1 user Likes Ari's post
14-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Welcome to TTA Ari. Smile
14-09-2016, 04:02 PM
I must make joke about myself. When I was young the old people showed me to make sign of cross if I see ambulance or firetrucks. You know this I still do.
[+] 1 user Likes Ari's post
14-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Ha - habits. Wink

14-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Welcome! Might as well make a "hook horns", also known as the sign of the devil, when an ambulance or a firetruck goes by. Neither change the outcome of the help being sent, despite what religious people claim. Just better hope that the responders are properly trained.