New atheist here! :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2013, 02:35 PM
New atheist here! :D
I've finally got a chance to join this website. I watch this site's videos on youtube too. My name is Wesley and I am 14 years old. I've been atheist since last June Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2013, 12:40 AM
RE: New atheist here! :D
Welcome. Congratulations on. Getting out early. Don't take anything I say seriously. I don't want your mom calling and yelling at me.
29-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Welcome to TTA

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

29-07-2013, 12:53 AM
Welcome! ^^ You're going to like it here.

[Image: mrsnail.gif]
29-07-2013, 09:52 AM
(28-07-2013 02:35 PM)wesleylee Wrote:  I've finally got a chance to join this website. I watch this site's videos on youtube too. My name is Wesley and I am 14 years old. I've been atheist since last June Smile
Hello Wesley Lee - I admire your independent thinking. Consider the following points:
Michael Sherman from the Skeptics Society stated that if God did not require being created, logic dictates that the Universe also did not require a Creation. That is not necessarily true. The Universe is a physical and materiel place composed of Matter, Energy and Gravity - all of which require being created. A Supreme Consciousness is not physical and does not require creation. In fact, if you are a follower of the Copenhagen (Niels Bohr) interpretation of Quantum Mechanics - It is Consciousness that creates Matter. Lawrence Krauss has stated in 'Scientific American' magazine that Nothing (no space, no time, no gravity) is unstable. And that like all unstable systems 'Nothing' will collapse and become 'something'. Thus the Universe, according to Krauss, did not require a Creator. My only question is: In a nothingness with no time - how long did it take until the unstableness of 'Nothing' collapsed and became 'something' or as we think of it - 'The Big Bang'. I suppose you can believe this or not believe it depending on how strong your faith in Atheism is[/size][/font]. Why do people experiencing an NDE only meet Relatives who have passed on and not living Relatives. Apparently the Mind is capable of projecting a false image of a dead Relative but it cannot project a false image of a living Relative. In experiments conducted by Dean Radin an Experimenter held pics behind a wall 50% of the time. Subjects guessed correctly 50% of the time as to wether the Experimenter was holding a pic. What you would get from random chance. However when the pics were sexually erotic pics, subjects guessed correctly between 52 to 53% of the time - a statistically significant difference. And yes, these experiments were repeatable. As to the often asked question - Who created God ? The answer given by most Philosopher Theists is: 'God exists by necessity of his own nature'.
29-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Welcome aboard.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Welcome, tiny one. Evil_monster
29-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Welcome!

(29-07-2013 09:52 AM)Buddhist Alternative Wrote:  
(28-07-2013 02:35 PM)wesleylee Wrote:  I've finally got a chance to join this website. I watch this site's videos on youtube too. My name is Wesley and I am 14 years old. I've been atheist since last June Smile
Hello Wesley Lee - I admire your independent thinking. Consider the following points:
Michael Sherman from the Skeptics Society stated that if God did not require being created, logic dictates that the Universe also did not require a Creation. That is not necessarily true. The Universe is a physical and materiel place composed of Matter, Energy and Gravity - all of which require being created. A Supreme Consciousness is not physical and does not require creation. In fact, if you are a follower of the Copenhagen (Niels Bohr) interpretation of Quantum Mechanics - It is Consciousness that creates Matter. Lawrence Krauss has stated in 'Scientific American' magazine that Nothing (no space, no time, no gravity) is unstable. And that like all unstable systems 'Nothing' will collapse and become 'something'. Thus the Universe, according to Krauss, did not require a Creator. My only question is: In a nothingness with no time - how long did it take until the unstableness of 'Nothing' collapsed and became 'something' or as we think of it - 'The Big Bang'. I suppose you can believe this or not believe it depending on how strong your faith in Atheism is[/size][/font]. Why do people experiencing an NDE only meet Relatives who have passed on and not living Relatives. Apparently the Mind is capable of projecting a false image of a dead Relative but it cannot project a false image of a living Relative. In experiments conducted by Dean Radin an Experimenter held pics behind a wall 50% of the time. Subjects guessed correctly 50% of the time as to wether the Experimenter was holding a pic. What you would get from random chance. However when the pics were sexually erotic pics, subjects guessed correctly between 52 to 53% of the time - a statistically significant difference. And yes, these experiments were repeatable. As to the often asked question - Who created God ? The answer given by most Philosopher Theists is: 'God exists by necessity of his own nature'.

Ignore this guy, apparently he got really baked and subsequently discovered ctrl + C and ctrl + P!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post