New, big study reassures MMR vaccine does not cause or affect Autism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2015, 03:13 AM
New, big study reassures MMR vaccine does not cause or affect Autism.
In a study with 95,727 children, scientists again found that the MMR vaccine does not cause or affect Autism. Out of all children, 994 or 1% developed Autism during the follow-up period of the study. It's a shame there are people out there who will probably still deny these studies and continue to leave their children at harm for horrible diseases because they are afraid of false information.

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx...d=13589745

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like JDog554's post
24-04-2015, 08:57 AM
RE: New, big study reassures MMR vaccine does not cause or affect Autism.
Yeah.."but I don't trust the government. Vaccines just are a way the government controls people. What's the big deal about measles or whooping cough anyway? This sounds right in my head so I'll just keep shouting it."

I try to remind them nicely, that I was vaccinated against small pox, the immunization program was so efficient my kids didn't need to have it.

I had a school friend who's older sibling had polio (they got it just before the vaccine became available). I love watching them back peddle away.

Then they say, "well I agree with Jenny Mcarthy, a real parent would gladly take not having a child with autism than risk vaccinating."

Oh yeah, my younger son IS on the spectrum.

When I point out they're taking parenting advice from a person who the only reason for fame is flashing her tits to a crowd during spring break on MTV. This is not a person with a whole lot going on upstairs and zero talent to begin with...she had to do something to remain relevant.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-04-2015, 09:03 AM
(24-04-2015 08:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah.."but I don't trust the government. Vaccines just are a way the government controls people. What's the big deal about measles or whooping cough anyway? This sounds right in my head so I'll just keep shouting it."

I try to remind them nicely, that I was vaccinated against small pox, the immunization program was so efficient my kids didn't need to have it.

I had a school friend who's older sibling had polio (they got it just before the vaccine became available). I love watching them back peddle away.

Then they say, "well I agree with Jenny Mcarthy, a real parent would gladly take not having a child with autism than risk vaccinating."

When I point out they're taking parenting advice from a person who the only reason for fame is flashing her tits to a crowd during spring break on MTV. This is not a person with a whole lot going on upstairs and zero talent to begin with...she had to do something to remain relevant.

Well, she was Miss October 1993 and Playmate of the Year 1994, so there's that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-04-2015, 09:41 AM
(24-04-2015 09:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 08:57 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah.."but I don't trust the government. Vaccines just are a way the government controls people. What's the big deal about measles or whooping cough anyway? This sounds right in my head so I'll just keep shouting it."

Well, she was Miss October 1993 and Playmate of the Year 1994, so there's that. Drinking Beverage

Oh I forgot about that. She's completely qualified then to judge the vaccine situation without any bias. Facepalm

Listening to her talk, is rather like listening to Kirk Cameron insist he knows everything about evolution.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Not to forget, she also played an asshole on two and a half men.

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
24-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Importantly, this was a study specifically targeted towards at-risk kids - those whose siblings have autism. Bigger and even more conclusive studies have already addressed the more general question of whether there is a link in the general population.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
24-04-2015, 11:11 AM
(24-04-2015 11:01 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Importantly, this was a study specifically targeted towards at-risk kids - those whose siblings have autism. Bigger and even more conclusive studies have already addressed the more general question of whether there is a link in the general population.

Yes, and this is important to remember. There are studies done in the past where they showed in the general sense that vaccines don't cause autsim.

This study hopefully puts the whole question to rest forever -- doubt it will though

12-05-2015, 05:29 PM
(24-04-2015 11:11 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 11:01 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Importantly, this was a study specifically targeted towards at-risk kids - those whose siblings have autism. Bigger and even more conclusive studies have already addressed the more general question of whether there is a link in the general population.

Yes, and this is important to remember. There are studies done in the past where they showed in the general sense that vaccines don't cause autsim.

This study hopefully puts the whole question to rest forever -- doubt it will though

I have a cousin who has a 3 year old child with dwarfism and she is NOT vaccinating him. She constantly posts crap on her FB page and I don't dare make comments due to the family connections. but I think I will post this study on MY page and she'll see it .... thanks for the info! Oh, my dad's best friend growing up developed polio in the '40s and was paralyzed from the waste down for the rest of his life. It was SO traumatic for people living in that era when every summer kids would get struck down in every community. The fact that the parents of today refuse to realize that communicable diseases wiped out MILLIONS of people in past centuries is just so frustrating. I was born in 1962 and my parents sure were thrilled to be able to protect me and my sibs from some of the serious diseases of THEIR childhoods. I did have measles and mumps myself however and luckily lived to tell....
[+] 2 users Like Betsy's post
12-05-2015, 08:39 PM
(12-05-2015 05:29 PM)Betsy Wrote:  
(24-04-2015 11:11 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, and this is important to remember. There are studies done in the past where they showed in the general sense that vaccines don't cause autsim.

I have a cousin who has a 3 year old child with dwarfism and she is NOT vaccinating him. She constantly posts crap on her FB page and I don't dare make comments due to the family connections. but I think I will post this study on MY page and she'll see it .... thanks for the info! Oh, my dad's best friend growing up developed polio in the '40s and was paralyzed from the waste down for the rest of his life. It was SO traumatic for people living in that era when every summer kids would get struck down in every community. The fact that the parents of today refuse to realize that communicable diseases wiped out MILLIONS of people in past centuries is just so frustrating. I was born in 1962 and my parents sure were thrilled to be able to protect me and my sibs from some of the serious diseases of THEIR childhoods. I did have measles and mumps myself however and luckily lived to tell....

One of my girlfriends in high school had an older sibling with polio. They got the illness just before the vaccine was available.

Yeah, that friend's mom took all her kids to get the vaccine.

12-05-2015, 08:52 PM
The problem here is that those who are likely to take the data seriously are probably already vaccinating, while those who are not vaccinating are unlikely to trust the results.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post