New blog

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2013, 12:14 AM
New blog
I've only been a lurker on here for a while but i wanted to let everyone know I have an atheist blog I started in July called The New Scarlet Letter. The address is aisforatheist.blogspot.com.

If it's not cool to self-promote with links on here that's cool, just take it down. Just wanted to let interested parties know and maybe get a little feedback.

Thanks.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2013, 12:18 AM
RE: New blog
Rule #1.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ers--20958

Quote:Rules
1) No spam
All spammers will be banned. Spam of any kind will not be tolerated. Repeatedly posting threads with the same or similar content is considered spam. Repetitious posts with similar content out of context is also considered spam. Both are bannable offences and will be judged on a case-by-case basis. If you create an account with the aim to advertise it will be considered as spam and your account will be banned. Linking to your own articles or videos will be judged on a case-by-case basis depending on the relevance of your link and your participation on the forum. If you're a first time poster posting an irrelevant link to your work, it may be removed. Continually doing so may incur a ban. In the case of advertising Youtube channels, Group pages, and blogs, we may allow a link in your signature, also depending on the relevance of your link and your participation on the forum. Should you wish to link a Youtube channel, Group page, or blog, please PM an Admin with your request.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
09-12-2013, 12:52 AM
Ok, sorry, just remove it. I tend not to post on here too much but felt my blog writing might be of interest. No worries, sorry for the misstep.

----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
09-12-2013, 12:54 AM
(09-12-2013 12:52 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Ok, sorry, just remove it. I tend not to post on here too much but felt my blog writing might be of interest. No worries, sorry for the misstep.

Nah - just put it in your signature. I didn't realize you'd been here that long.

I went there and it's certainly relevant to forum and atheist issues.

Do you need help putting it in your sig?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
09-12-2013, 10:45 AM
(09-12-2013 12:52 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Ok, sorry, just remove it. I tend not to post on here too much but felt my blog writing might be of interest. No worries, sorry for the misstep.

I hope I didn't come off as abrupt. I sometimes come across that way. People don't tend to read the rules it seems, or perhaps they are hard to find. We certainly encourage good writing and interesting writing as well Smile Discussion is always a good thing. Looks like Kim approved it for your siggy, so feel free to add it! Smile We just value consistency of rules for all users here is all.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
09-12-2013, 10:50 AM
No worries Log, I didn't take it that way, it's my fault for forgetting the protocol. I'll start contributing more here to earn the trust, etc.

Thanks Kim, I'll add it to my sig, great idea!

----
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
09-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Also, welcome to the forums! Smile Nice to see long time lurkers finally start contributing! Smile

[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
09-12-2013, 12:49 PM
There are 2 issues:

1) We don't want drive by posters who self promote and leave.

2) We don't want this to be free advertising space. We don't allow advertising that stands to have a person make money from advertising on the board.

This is why we want members to be here and contribute first before allowing self promotion. As far as the second reason... that is almost never okay. I think we have one exception, but that was because he was a long time member.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
09-12-2013, 01:48 PM
There are more than a couple of people who put a blog link in their sig.
WillHopp's blog seems to be just a blog... kind of like HoC's.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
09-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Yep, I just write in the blog for myself, no revenue or ads or anything. It just occurred to me others might benefit from what I've been going through and researching. Totally understandable and I agree with the rules, I just flaked for a minute. I'll contribute more.

----