New comer from China sends greetings to folks here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2013, 08:53 PM
New comer from China sends greetings to folks here.
Hello, thinking atheists and theists,

I am a translator from mainland China. And I am an atheist by rational choice through much struggle, disturbance and confusion.

Over a decade ago, I spent some time in U.W., Seattle as an exchange student, when some Chinese American Christians preached to me. Being a somewhat rebellious young man inside, I unconsciously refused to build my personal philosophy on the Marxism Dialectical Materialism taught in politics classes, in whose exams I usually got top scores. I was forced-fed serious and dry doctrines by the education system. The basis of my philosophy was essentially staggering. And there came that amazing embodiment of light, love and salvation, Jesus, whom I asked for whatever a favor which I would be given to without doubt, plus sins absolved, plus ticket to heaven and living happily ever after.

The choice seemed obvious.

Yet there was this "simple disbelief" called reasoning that I just couldn't blindly switch off. The stubborn truth, that the last person I can depend on to achieve my happiness is nobody but myself, just wouldn't go invalid. Therefore confusion and disturbance came into my life.

I had struggled painfully for almost 10 years before I finally became an atheist by rational choice. When confronting crisis and hardship nowadays, I may still be feeble from time to time, but I stand on a sound basis, laid by the first Marxist Dialectical Materialism doctrines I learned from my senior high school politics classes:

[1] The entire world consists of matter.
[2] Matter is in constant motion and change.
[3] These motions and changes have regular rules. And these rules are understandable.
[4] Matter determines mind.
[5] Mind reacts upon matter.

In short: Want something? Then do something.

This is my story.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
26-03-2013, 10:17 PM
RE: New comer from China sends greetings to folks here.
Welcome to our little corner of the world. Just for clarity sake, are you living in China now or are you just from China?

Just an outsider looking inn.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxcanine1's post
26-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Wink RE: New comer from China sends greetings to folks here.
(26-03-2013 10:17 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Welcome to our little corner of the world. Just for clarity sake, are you living in China now or are you just from China?
Living in China right now. Established a two-way portal between MY OWN corner of the world and OUR corner of the world. Quite happy about that .

And you are from?

26-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Welcome Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-03-2013, 11:11 PM
(26-03-2013 10:55 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(26-03-2013 10:17 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Welcome to our little corner of the world. Just for clarity sake, are you living in China now or are you just from China?
Living in China right now. Established a two-way portal between MY OWN corner of the world and OUR corner of the world. Quite happy about that .

And you are from?

I'm from the U.S. Nice to meet you. I don't hear often from people in the Asian countries. Welcome.

Just an outsider looking inn.
26-03-2013, 11:15 PM
(26-03-2013 08:53 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Hello, thinking atheists and theists,

I am a translator from mainland China. And I am an atheist by rational choice through much struggle, disturbance and confusion.

Over a decade ago, I spent some time in U.W., Seattle as an exchange student, when some Chinese American Christians preached to me. Being a somewhat rebellious young man inside, I unconsciously refused to build my personal philosophy on the Marxism Dialectical Materialism taught in politics classes, in whose exams I usually got top scores. I was forced-fed serious and dry doctrines by the education system. The basis of my philosophy was essentially staggering. And there came that amazing embodiment of light, love and salvation, Jesus, whom I asked for whatever a favor which I would be given to without doubt, plus sins absolved, plus ticket to heaven and living happily ever after.

The choice seemed obvious.

Yet there was this "simple disbelief" called reasoning that I just couldn't blindly switch off. The stubborn truth, that the last person I can depend on to achieve my happiness is nobody but myself, just wouldn't go invalid. Therefore confusion and disturbance came into my life.

I had struggled painfully for almost 10 years before I finally became an atheist by rational choice. When confronting crisis and hardship nowadays, I may still be feeble from time to time, but I stand on a sound basis, laid by the first Marxist Dialectical Materialism doctrines I learned from my senior high school politics classes:

[1] The entire world consists of matter.
[2] Matter is in constant motion and change.
[3] These motions and changes have regular rules. And these rules are understandable.
[4] Matter determines mind.
[5] Mind reacts upon matter.

In short: Want something? Then do something.

This is my story.

Sounds spot on to me. Welcome to the forums.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
26-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Do you feel comfortable saying where in China you come from?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
27-03-2013, 12:05 AM
(26-03-2013 11:11 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  I'm from the U.S. Nice to meet you. I don't hear often from people in the Asian countries. Welcome.

Also glad to bring news across the Pacific Ocean. China is home to huge numbers of atheists ... pantheists at times.

27-03-2013, 12:06 AM
Welcome to the group!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-03-2013, 12:09 AM
(26-03-2013 11:38 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Do you feel comfortable saying where in China you come from?

Sure. My hometown is Mianyang, a self-promoted High-tech city, northwest of the Sichuan Basin. She belongs to Sichuan Province, southwest of mainland China. Nice to meet you. Smile