New country?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2012, 01:03 AM
New country?
Alright so I'm from the US, I have a low sense of national pride, and I feel like many religious people can be intolerant at times (my religion teachers). I only know english and a bit of spanish to get by, but im willing to learn a new language. So can anyone suggest a secular country that would be good to move to or should I stay in America in hopes that it will get better for the non-religious community?

Keep thinking, always doubt, and NEVA ASSUME!!!!!!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2012, 09:57 AM
RE: New country?
(04-08-2012 01:03 AM)CDMan Wrote:  Alright so I'm from the US, I have a low sense of national pride, and I feel like many religious people can be intolerant at times (my religion teachers). I only know english and a bit of spanish to get by, but im willing to learn a new language. So can anyone suggest a secular country that would be good to move to or should I stay in America in hopes that it will get better for the non-religious community?

The whole worlds fucked mate, stay where you are at least then you didnt choose the group of numbskulls your assoicated with.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2012, 10:06 AM
How old are you? Moving countries is a pain. Anyway, best is to find somewhere interesting and visit, then maybe go work there for a while.
04-08-2012, 10:07 AM
(04-08-2012 01:03 AM)CDMan Wrote:  Alright so I'm from the US, I have a low sense of national pride, and I feel like many religious people can be intolerant at times (my religion teachers). I only know english and a bit of spanish to get by, but im willing to learn a new language. So can anyone suggest a secular country that would be good to move to or should I stay in America in hopes that it will get better for the non-religious community?

Pretty much every English-speaking country in the world is more secular than the US. Spanish-speaking countries are heavily Catholic, so that's probably a bad bet.

On the one hand (because I have direct experience) I could recommend the UK.

On the other hand, if all of the rational people leave the US it will get even more irrational. You'd be doing your country a service if you stayed where you are and started/continued being a positive role model for a secular America.

Then again, life is short... and that task will (almost certainly) take longer than your lifespan.
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
04-08-2012, 12:35 PM
I hear Somalia is nice this time of year.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
04-08-2012, 03:10 PM
I say stay. We need to rid this country of irrationality, unintelligence and ignorance. I believe every person counts and we need more people to question, think and move forward. I believe in Europe currently you will have the major issue of listening to muslim immigration and some radicals who want to deny free speech even though they take advantage of free speech to spread their message. To me that would be just as much a pain to my skull as it is as much pain for them to actually think.

Staying here you will make it better. You could raise your children to be understanding and accepting. You wouldn't have to raise them with the fear of hell fire or that their Jewish friend or Mormon cousin will be sent to burn for eternity for wearing magical underwear or funny hats.

The more we stay in this country the more we will change it. We are the fastest growing minority and we are a voice that is constantly being heard. From Youtube to the news. We keep shouting out and not for atheism but for secularism and equality for everyone. We are just asking those to be fair and not intervene in our personal lives. I constantly hear Christian's afraid of big brother and they don't understand how mush they affect individual lives for not allowing gay marriage.

With more people we will have more say. With each generation I believe we will take a step forward. I'm not saying it will be easy or fast. Its going to take time and be difficult. I plan on becoming a person of power in this country. I want to run for political offices and have a voice to be heard.

I refuse to stand idle as this thing keeps interrupting innocent people's lives and I detest the ridiculous amount of stupidity that religion allows us to have.

So stay here mate and make this a better country that our founding fathers hoped for. Remember this is not Christian America this is the United States of America and even though I dislike patriotism I do want our country to become better.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
04-08-2012, 03:33 PM
One word.... China!

04-08-2012, 03:37 PM
New country?
(04-08-2012 03:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  One word.... China!

That's two words: Middle Kingdom.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
04-08-2012, 03:38 PM
(04-08-2012 03:37 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 03:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  One word.... China!

That's two words: Middle Kingdom.

That's three words: National criminal enterprise.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
04-08-2012, 03:40 PM
New country?
(04-08-2012 03:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 03:37 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  That's two words: Middle Kingdom.

That's three words: National criminal enterprise.

What part is criminal?

~Izel