New country?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2012, 03:43 PM
RE: New country?
(04-08-2012 03:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 03:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's three words: National criminal enterprise.

What part is criminal?

What part isn't? Totalitarian regime that doesn't respect international law, e.g. exporting poisons, ignoring patents and trademarks, ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2012, 03:45 PM
New country?
That's not against their laws.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
04-08-2012, 03:51 PM
(04-08-2012 03:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  That's not against their laws.

Fine. They can do whatever they want. As do most criminals.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Dudes, China is evolving.
They are having their industrial revolution followed by the push for social change.... happening right now!

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
04-08-2012, 05:11 PM
I have to say I kind of agree with Shiruba. I've considered moving myself a few times. But realistically, if I say "Fuck it, have your biased opinions and you can ruin things yourself." to people who want their beliefs to be the "norm" then you've literally just given up and handed the country over to bigots. The problem is if that happens, it's just going to be allowed to spread.

It makes more sense to say, "Fuck you, it's my country too, fuck your bigoted attitude, I'm not going ANYWHERE! DEAL WITH IT."

I've heard Germany is pretty great though Smile It seems to me that the last generation (generation x and y's parents) and their parents are overly religious. My generation doesn't seem to be nearly on that scale, and most of my peers seem to be very accepting, open minded and I haven't really dealt with that with my peers. Give it 30 years and they'll die off, things will be different. Bigoted shitheads seem to get more stubborn with age. People feel their ways slipping away, they feel an incessant need to be louder, more ridiculous and develop this crazy attitude that nothing else can be right and have to be heard. Thankfully, when people see those types being irrational, assholish and crazy they are wildly turned off by it (like my generation).

My parents can be as stubborn as they want, the fact of the matter is, once their generation is gone (and it's a fact of life that none of us get out of life alive, I'll die too someday when I get old or some cager takes me out on my motorcycle) the next generation and their beliefs (or lack of) kick in. So they can fight all they want, kick, scream, toss themselves on the ground like children and be loud. You STILL have a say, you STILL are one person. Thankfully there's a lot more than JUST YOU, there is us and many others who feel for you man.

I've had to stand up for myself and shut plenty of people up that I've ran into. Some people have actually changed their tune. Others just shut up and don't say a damned thing (at least while I'm around, they probably talk shit behind my back but that's fine). If you give up and move out, you've given up. They win.

That said... I hope we get some atheists off this rock, into space, colonize a planet someday soon and can get a rational society elsewhere in the galaxy in case some psycho theists blow the planet up over their god.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
04-08-2012, 06:06 PM
(04-08-2012 01:03 AM)CDMan Wrote:  So can anyone suggest a secular country that would be good to move to or should I stay in America in hopes that it will get better for the non-religious community?

I can vouch for the People's Republic of Maryland. Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-08-2012, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2012 05:08 PM by fstratzero.)
[Image: 1000px-FNV_NCR_Flag.png]
I like this idea!

Build up a New California Republic! Welcome Atheists of the world lol.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
06-08-2012, 01:38 AM
(04-08-2012 08:31 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  [Image: 1000px-FNV_NCR_Flag.png]
I like this idea!

Build up a New California Republic! Welcome Atheists of the world lol.

Hahahahahahaha... My hero! Yeah, NCR is great, just avoid the radiation areas.

If you like, you can always come to Croatia, you will shoot yourself in the head after 3 month living here, 100% guaranteed. Seriously, come here a bit and then return to USA full of new hope, wishes and happiness.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post