New debater needs help
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2013, 01:16 PM
RE: New debater needs help
(21-07-2013 01:02 PM)angalpin Wrote:  That seems like a risky tactic to me. I don't think we can prove either way if the authors intended the text to be considered strictly historical or not.

During the time the supposed author supposedly lived, the teachings were interpreted literally.

If the Christian admits that the Bible is metaphorical, it can only be interpreted subjectively and they are a fool. If the Christian individual claims it is objective, they are a fool. Christians have formulated their own shit sandwich of illogic.

(21-07-2013 01:02 PM)angalpin Wrote:  As for what the masses believe, I suspect this won't carry any weight with a Christian apologist. They're not part of the masses - they're far to erudite to take such a simplistic view of the Bible Big Grin Confused. More seriously, the Christian apologist can point out that there have always been different views of Genesis 1 & 2 in both Jewish and Christian culture. It's not clear that the 'literal/historical' interpretation is the correct one to use.

Then they are fools for worshiping the Bible.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply