New draft of the Declaration of Independence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 11:13 AM
New draft of the Declaration of Independence
After last week's Independence Day, it got me thinking. Isn't about time for a new draft for the Declaration of Independence?
One that is updated, that outlines our complaints and grievances against the US government.
Something along the lines of the draft that I found, but more thorough about our expectations from the government.
I feel that we must remind them who they work for, otherwise the freedoms that we have, have steadily gotten fewer and fewer, and will eventually become non-existent.

My greatest desire is that I can to expect this country to become great again, not to merely hope that it will.

http://theintelhub.com/2012/07/07/a-new-...ependence/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: New draft of the Declaration of Independence
[Image: nk_salvador_dali_1950_magnified_moustache.jpg]

Huh?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
11-07-2012, 10:33 PM
(10-07-2012 11:13 AM)Alph4Omega Wrote:  After last week's Independence Day, it got me thinking. Isn't about time for a new draft for the Declaration of Independence?
One that is updated, that outlines our complaints and grievances against the US government.
Something along the lines of the draft that I found, but more thorough about our expectations from the government.
I feel that we must remind them who they work for, otherwise the freedoms that we have, have steadily gotten fewer and fewer, and will eventually become non-existent.

My greatest desire is that I can to expect this country to become great again, not to merely hope that it will.

Ah there we go.

Personally I'm glad the government documents of America were written when they were and are regarded as a basis that can't be done away with. Have you looked around lately? People are dumber and crazier than ever. Tea Party members who don't even understand the reference of their group name. Creationists constantly pounding at the door of science classrooms, gaining an inch at a time. Ten Commandments being posted outside court rooms. While atheism may be growing more than ever before, the Christian voice is at its loudest. It's like it knows it's dying so it's trying to embed itself into the government doctrines before it's too late. Every time a religious outcry to change the Constitution fails, I'm thankful that we regard the foundations as virtually unchangeable.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
11-07-2012, 10:54 PM
"I feel that we must remind them who they work for"

King George, right?

15-07-2012, 03:06 AM
Can it start with quotes from our founding fathers?
‎"Christianity neither is, nor ever was part of Common Law" Thomas Jefferson
16-07-2012, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012 10:59 AM by TrainWreck.)
(10-07-2012 11:13 AM)Alph4Omega Wrote:  After last week's Independence Day, it got me thinking. Isn't about time for a new draft for the Declaration of Independence?

http://theintelhub.com/2012/07/07/a-new-...ependence/
I'm way, way, ahead of you. Because you see, the next step is you need to have an updated constitution - don't you think???

You can bitch and moan, and grieve your grievances, but what do you expect the politicians to do - you think they have never heard those grievances before? You think they should write the new declaration of revolution???

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
16-07-2012, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012 11:21 AM by TrainWreck.)
(11-07-2012 10:33 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Have you looked around lately? People are dumber and crazier than ever. Tea Party members who don't even understand the reference of their group name. Creationists constantly pounding at the door of science classrooms, gaining an inch at a time. Ten Commandments being posted outside court rooms. While atheism may be growing more than ever before, the Christian voice is at its loudest. It's like it knows it's dying so it's trying to embed itself into the government doctrines before it's too late. Every time a religious outcry to change the Constitution fails, I'm thankful that we regard the foundations as virtually unchangeable.
I hope you understand how I prove that atheists are just as stupid, by pointing out that the next step is to draft a new constitution, and that the constitution is not a timeless, everlasting, eternal document of truth.

There is no doubt in my mind, that if the Founders were tasked with having to draft a constitution with the advancements in social sciences and communications that we have now, that they would draft a more sophisticated and efficient framework of the government - don't you think that is possible???

Talk your shit, you sound just like the freaking Republican monster Rush Limbaugh .
Quote: The brilliance of the United States Constitution is its timelessness. It applies to the human condition until eternity, because it is a
document devoted to maintaining, proclaiming, and maintaining the freedom and liberty of the individual. It's the greatest document of liberty and freedom ever written by human beings, and it is a target. And it has just been dealt a very severe blow. And to sit here and argue over whether what remains because of the Supreme Court ruling is a tax or a penalty is to lose the argument in November.
Have you ever read the constitution?
As smart as you are, and able to understand it better than others, don't you think that since everyone else misinterprets it that that means we do not agree with it? Why do you want to live in community with people who do not interpret it as well as you do?

Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
16-07-2012, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2012 08:10 PM by Buddy Christ.)
(16-07-2012 11:05 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Have you ever read the constitution?

An Atheist's Critique of the Constitution

(Granted it's not a finished critique)

Edit: And I'm not saying the Constitution should never be restructured or updated, but there's too many theists with political power right now. Let's let this "evolution is a theory, teach creationism, prayer should be sanctioned in schools" storm cloud pass by before we break the protective seal.

And back to the OP and changing the D of I, it's not the government that needs addressed. It's the people. We as Americans willingly allow the government to do what they want and remove our liberties, then we thank them for it, usually while simultaneously praising our new "protection from terrorism." We need a Declaration to the People. Stop playing into the two party system. Stop supporting the divisive rhetoric spewed by cable news. Stop voting for your party and start voting for your fellow man.

[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
17-07-2012, 08:40 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2012 11:46 AM by TrainWreck.)
(16-07-2012 07:52 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Edit: And I'm not saying the Constitution should never be restructured or updated, but there's too many theists with political power right now. Let's let this "evolution is a theory, teach creationism, prayer should be sanctioned in schools" storm cloud pass by before we break the protective seal.

And back to the OP and changing the D of I, it's not the government that needs addressed. It's the people. We as Americans willingly allow the government to do what they want and remove our liberties, then we thank them for it, usually while simultaneously praising our new "protection from terrorism." We need a Declaration to the People. Stop playing into the two party system. Stop supporting the divisive rhetoric spewed by cable news. Stop voting for your party and start voting for your fellow man.
That has been going on since, at least, the 70's, and Obama reiterated it with his "hope and change," rhetoric - if people were not expecting the elimination of corruption and inefficiencies of the political representatives who "work" in the remote district away from their constituents, then what were the people believing - that an empty black suit is equivelent to any white man in the presidential office???

If atheists don't get to writing samples of new constitutional systems the white Christians will, because the non-whites obviously don't have the gumption, if your analysis is right that Christians have been failing in the past.

You know the old saying, "try, try, again."That's all that the failed Christians would be doing - just trying to get it right.