New eppisodes of Dr. Who

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Re: RE: New eppisodes of Dr. Who
(01-04-2013 12:55 AM)Rosetta Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 03:11 PM)fruit Wrote:  I really liked it. She said she got the Doctors phone number from a girl in a shop. She said it was the best helpline. I know Rose and The 10th Doctor will be in the anniversary episode. Maybe Rose is the girl in the shop. I think its possible.

I was thinking it would of been River in the shop. Didn't even think of rose 0-o but she does seem more likely.

Also, Clara works at The Rose and Crown in The Snowmen. In her room, in this episode, there are roses by her bed. People don't usually give roses to sick people. Not in my experience.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes fruit's post
02-04-2013, 05:40 AM
RE: New eppisodes of Dr. Who
(01-04-2013 08:02 AM)fruit Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 12:55 AM)Rosetta Wrote:  I was thinking it would of been River in the shop. Didn't even think of rose 0-o but she does seem more likely.

Also, Clara works at The Rose and Crown in The Snowmen. In her room, in this episode, there are roses by her bed. People don't usually give roses to sick people. Not in my experience.

Good point
04-04-2013, 03:59 PM
I really liked the last episode of Doctor Who...though the next seems like it's not as good (though still good) according to a spoiler free review I read. And I wish they would bring older Doctors back for the 50th...I've heard it said before and I'll say it again, I can't stand Doctor Who fans who think 50 years ago was 2005...

Though saying that I'm excited Tennant is back Big Grin. Matt Smith's my favourite of the modern Doctors but Tennant is a close second. I just want them to bring the Master back. He's my all time favourite Who character so maybe I'm biased but I would be willing to do anything to get him back xD.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."
04-04-2013, 04:29 PM
I remember the Tom Baker Dr. Who back in the day, but mostly from a Marvel Comics mini-series. I also have vague memories of Peter Cushing in a Dr. Who movie, but I may be scrambled on that one.

I've been checking out the Dr. Who mythos after being home sick a couple of weeks ago and stumbling onto a series where each Dr. gets profiled, complete with a vintage episode. I was able to see a classic one featuring the first Doctor, where they went back in time to an Aztec city and wrestled with changing history by stopping human sacrifice while trying to escape through a one-way door to the present.

Anyone got any recommendations as to the best way of easing into the Whoverse? I haven't seen any of the new Doctors' series, nor have I seen Torchwood. Thanks in advance! Cool
04-04-2013, 04:38 PM
(04-04-2013 04:29 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  I remember the Tom Baker Dr. Who back in the day, but mostly from a Marvel Comics mini-series. I also have vague memories of Peter Cushing in a Dr. Who movie, but I may be scrambled on that one.

I've been checking out the Dr. Who mythos after being home sick a couple of weeks ago and stumbling onto a series where each Dr. gets profiled, complete with a vintage episode. I was able to see a classic one featuring the first Doctor, where they went back in time to an Aztec city and wrestled with changing history by stopping human sacrifice while trying to escape through a one-way door to the present.

Anyone got any recommendations as to the best way of easing into the Whoverse? I haven't seen any of the new Doctors' series, nor have I seen Torchwood. Thanks in advance! Cool

Well...there's a lot to get into really. But the best advice I can offer is just start watching it from where it is on TV, you should be able to catch up. Or if you want to be really thorough buy series 1-7 Part 1 on DVD on Amazon. But if you just want to be caught up with the recent plot threads, which are quite complicated, since series 1-6 goes back to 2005, start at series 5.

As for Classic Doctor Who, you can pretty much buy any of them and go from there since most don't follow on from each other (with some exceptions). The best ones are generally considered to be Genesis of the Daleks or The Caves of Androzani. But as I said, buy any of those you want and just do whatever. Though it'd probably be better to buy one from each of the Doctor's eras to get started.

Hope this makes sense Tongue.

And also, yes Peter Cushing did star in Dr Who movies, but they aren't part of the TV series mythos, they're just movie adaptions of some TV stories.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

[+] 1 user Likes TheAmazingAustralopithecus's post
04-04-2013, 04:43 PM
(04-04-2013 04:29 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  I remember the Tom Baker Dr. Who back in the day, but mostly from a Marvel Comics mini-series. I also have vague memories of Peter Cushing in a Dr. Who movie, but I may be scrambled on that one.

well there are 2 ways you can go at it. Most of the old series are avalible on netflicks (a few were lost or damaged ) so you can go back to the beginning and work your way forward or you can start with the relaunch of the series and the 9th doctor. 2005 first episode was called "Rose" then you can move through the David Tennant and Matt Smith versions, Tennant is widely regarded as one of the best incarnations of the Doctor.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Re: New eppisodes of Dr. Who
I say just start at Rose like the above poster said. You'll go through them really fast anyways. Then go back and watch what ever classics you want. That's how I did it and it worked.
[+] 1 user Likes fruit's post
06-04-2013, 08:05 AM
(31-03-2013 07:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 07:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Has not.

Yes he has. His plot lines are totally over the top, his character are unbelievable and unlikable, and his story arcs are painful.

The only decent thing he's done is that I think that background music has been very effective in recent episodes.

Torchwood is ten times better nowadays.

Has not.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
06-04-2013, 08:06 AM
(06-04-2013 08:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 07:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Yes he has. His plot lines are totally over the top, his character are unbelievable and unlikable, and his story arcs are painful.

The only decent thing he's done is that I think that background music has been very effective in recent episodes.

Torchwood is ten times better nowadays.

Has not.

I concur with Erxy...or is that Chas? Tongue

06-04-2013, 08:07 AM
(06-04-2013 08:06 AM)TheAmazingAustralopithecus Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 08:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Has not.

I concur with Erxy...or is that Chas? Tongue

You figured out the sock puppet thing quicker than most!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My