New guy from Texas.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2013, 07:34 PM
New guy from Texas.
Hello everyone. I don't want to give a long, drawn out explanation as to why I've ended up here, so I will just say a few things. I grew up in a Lutheran church. The people were some of the kindest, loving people I've met to date. I started doubting my faith as a teenager, but held on for fear of "eternal suffering" and a constant battle between logic and what I'd been tought. Within the last few years, I've grown to find myself and be proud of what I believe in and who I am as a person. I've stopped being afraid of the term "atheist" and have welcomed that identity. The past few years I've felt the chains loosening and a wash of relief once they shattered. Anyways, I'm glad I found this forum and hope to have many wonderful conversations with many like minded individuals!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2013, 07:42 PM
RE: New guy from Texas.
And a hearty welcome to you sir! Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
04-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Glad you found us, this place is full of characters. Thumbsup

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
04-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Howdy!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
04-05-2013, 08:07 PM
^^ this would be one of those "characters" Rev mentionned. No, not me… Erxy! Big Grin

…okay, also me. Drinking Beverage

Welcome!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
04-05-2013, 08:19 PM
New guy from Texas.
Thanks for the welcoming. And the inevitable howdy. :-)
04-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Howdy! You'll need a sense of humor here, these "characters" are full of it.

You'll find a lot of very smart folk making fools of themselves, but, yes, you will find those interesting conversations.

Pull up a chair Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-05-2013, 08:42 PM
New guy from Texas.
Looking forward to it!
04-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Hello Ecks. You a Longhorn's fan? Just wondering? Smile

04-05-2013, 10:56 PM
New guy from Texas.
No sir. I'm a baseball guy. All my family is from St. Louis...so you may be able to guess! o.0