New hangover Cure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2015, 10:36 PM
RE: New hangover Cure.
I was at an ER work party and drank quite a bit, certainly enough to be in hangover territory with my alarm was set to go off for 0415, when I ate something I was allergic to and ended up in the ER. I got 125mg of Solu-Medrol in my ass and felt fantastic the next morning.

Other than that I'll pop some b vitamins and a multivitamin - it kinda helps. I've also found I can drink several vodka and redbulls or dirty martinis without getting sick or hungover. Waffle House and other greasy foods help the nausea unless I'm already puking. I have to sip on a coke all day to keep my blood sugar up and stave off the spins, shakes, and nausea that occur if I have more than three drinks - was 4-5 drinks pre-pregnancy. If I have time to sleep it off the next day I'll pop a Dramamine for the spinning.

Ugh, I have a headache already and just had one glass of wine tonight. Kinda hit or miss for me on that. These days I'm more likely to open a beer, have a few sips, and never finish it.

Wow Girly, a fifth of vodka would probably kill me. A pint of vodka and I'm praying to the porcelain throne for 24 hours and hungover for 36.

I'm a cheap date - 2 beers and I'm drunk. Blush

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
22-05-2015, 12:47 AM
While launching a bender, drink lots of water and chew some aspirin. That's a preemptive strike, right there. Wink

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-05-2015, 11:43 PM
(22-05-2015 12:47 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  While launching a bender, drink lots of water and chew some aspirin. That's a preemptive strike, right there. Wink

Yep, the headache pain actually comes from the brain swelling as a result from being dehydrated. Gobs of water & an anti-inflammatory really is proactive.

Also, I heard it on a podcast so, it must be true. Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Just have somebody hook you up to an IV topped up with a solution for rehydration an hour or so before you wake up from your drunk-nap.

That'll fix ya.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-05-2015, 09:49 AM
I've been seeing these little bottles that look like 5-hr energy drinks called Never Hungover, and they're packed with B vitamins and probably also electrolytes.