New here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2012, 10:54 PM
New here
So I am on a pregnancy forum where a lot of non pregnancy related posts get posted and somehow someone brought up a post about seeking a Christan pregnancy forum. Like Christians don't have enough groups of their own. Her post was a little judgemental of anyone that wasn't Christian because they didn't share the same morals and beliefs as her. Started a big debate to which I as a non believer noticed I was a part of a small group. I felt very cornered like usual being a non believer and so I decided I need to find an athiest forum so I Could just express myself and scream how hypocritical they are!!!!!! I am so frustrated!!!!! They literally can not see their own contradictions. They keep trying to make it like there is some war on christianity just because some of us aren't ok with it being in our face all the time!!!! And they always have to throw in the old let me pray for you that you will see the light, like there must be something wrong with me like I am somehow not getting it. Nothing wrong with me, sorry I don't believe in fairy tales. Don't pray for me either, I don't need it. And of course imdon't talk to them like this, don't wanna offend but felt like this would be an ok place to vent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like HoneySpider's post
23-09-2012, 11:12 PM
RE: New here
Welcome to the forum.

You keep venting, and I'll move your intro to the intro section. Then I'll go get you some pickles and ice cream.

SOMEONE GET EARMUFFS IN HERE! THIS WOMAN IS PREGNANT AND NEEDS A FOOT MASSAGE! NOW!!!!

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
23-09-2012, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2012 11:23 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
(23-09-2012 11:12 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Welcome to the forum.

You keep venting, and I'll move your intro to the intro section. Then I'll go get you some pickles and ice cream.

SOMEONE GET EARMUFFS IN HERE! THIS WOMAN IS PREGNANT AND NEEDS A FOOT MASSAGE! NOW!!!!

Just replace 'fish' with 'Earmuffs'.

Welcome to the forum!

*Warning* May raise your blood pressure during debates, sleepless nights during followed by incessant 'But they're wrong!' statements to your ceiling, brain cells to accumulate knowledge and/or fluff, wee a little while laughing, rolling of eyes, bedtimes to be pushed to a later time, thread derailments... (some side-effects not listed, but should be noted and remedied or enjoyed at ones leisure)

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 4 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
23-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Welcome HoneySpider Smile

Maybe you should tell the Christian fundies that their posts upset you so much that you went into premature labour! Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
23-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Hey HoneySpider,
You've come to the right place to vent your frustrations with the religious. We even keep a couple around here so we can vent at them directly. We're glad you've joined us. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
23-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the forum! Just tell them their unborn zygotes don't have souls, but they have tails and are all female if they recently conceived. That'll rattle 'em (like a snake! Then offer them an apple, because an apple a day keeps the doctor away- just not vengeful asshole Gods)!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
23-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Ask them if they believe the Bible is the inspired word of god.
Then tell the you were doing your devout daily bible reading, and came upon something just so wonderful, you had to share it, and since they have already agreed it's gods word you just know they will agree.

Romans 2 : 14-15
"For when the gentiles who do not have the law, by nature observe the prescriptions of the law; they are a law for themselves even though they do not have the law.
They show that the demands of the law are written in their hearts, while their conscience bears witness and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even defend them on the day, when , according to my gospel, God will judge people's hidden works, (through Jesus Christ)."

(The proof that morality is naturally in human hearts, without religion, that Paul made up his own gospel, and that they have nothing to worry about on judgement day).

Tongue

PS Welcome. When are you due, (if I may ask), picked out names yet ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

24-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Welcome Smile

Bucky I loathe that verse you quoted. It's one of them "oh well, I have to admit that you're an OK person, so it's not because you're really nice, it's God working through you" verses.

Not that I really give a damn, but you won't ever catch me quoting that at anyone Tongue
24-09-2012, 05:10 AM
Hi HoneySpider,

When will lunch be ready?

Drooling

24-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Howdy!