New here :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2012, 03:13 AM
New here :)
Hello! My name is Holly. I'm a new atheist and I'm in desperate need of a sense of community. I'm 21 and I'm in college pursuing speech pathology. I am also surrounded by religion. Every member of my family, both close and extended, is religious. My friends are all religious. My boyfriend is thankfully not and has been wonderful in supporting me. Even so, there are many days (like today) that I feel like I'm drowning in religious insanity. I came across TTA on YouTube and have been hooked ever since. I've listened to every podcast and watched every video, relishing each one. I'm in the process of "coming out" to my family right now and I can't even express how much knowing that there are many others dealing with similar issues has helped reduce my anxiety.

That was long winded! Sorry! I'm just so excited to be here!! Hello everyone!! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ollydolly's post
19-12-2012, 03:16 AM
RE: New here :)
(19-12-2012 03:13 AM)ollydolly Wrote:  Hello! My name is Holly. I'm a new atheist and I'm in desperate need of a sense of community. I'm 21 and I'm in college pursuing speech pathology. I am also surrounded by religion. Every member of my family, both close and extended, is religious. My friends are all religious. My boyfriend is thankfully not and has been wonderful in supporting me. Even so, there are many days (like today) that I feel like I'm drowning in religious insanity. I came across TTA on YouTube and have been hooked ever since. I've listened to every podcast and watched every video, relishing each one. I'm in the process of "coming out" to my family right now and I can't even express how much knowing that there are many others dealing with similar issues has helped reduce my anxiety.

That was long winded! Sorry! I'm just so excited to be here!! Hello everyone!! Big Grin

Welcome, we're glad to have you here. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
19-12-2012, 03:37 AM
You call this long-winded? Stick around long enough and then you'll see what long-winded means. Tongue

Welcome!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
19-12-2012, 03:43 AM
Thank you! Challenge accepted! Smile
19-12-2012, 03:48 AM
(19-12-2012 03:43 AM)ollydolly Wrote:  Thank you! Challenge accepted! Smile
I'll hold you to it. No leaving after 5 posts never to come back again. If you would just sign here, with this red-ink pen Evil_monster

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
19-12-2012, 07:18 AM
Welcome to our little asylum Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
19-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Welcome to TTA, Holly.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
19-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Welcome Smile