New here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: New here
(04-05-2015 12:59 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 11:12 AM)Domenic Wrote:  onlinebiker,
I did not come on the forum to have what I believe dragged behind some cheap two wheel bike. I came on respecting what the members of this forum believe...so please keep your cheap remarks about my belief under your hat, and stick them
where the sun don't shine.

And please, next time you are out on a ride doing your, "I'm a man thing," stay in one lane, and stop trying to pass between cars. I'll be 80 in January, and my hearing is not good...get my drift?

You came in here and distinctly said that your belief wasn't religion.

Then you cry we don't respect your belief.

There's a reason.

You come on with the presupposition that we're supposed to agree with you and declare your religion special.

On an atheist board.

Facepalm

You don't see the point of contention????

Not what I was saying at all. I respect how others believe. I don't put down what you believe, and I do not expect you to believe anything I believe. I am not here to post what I believe. If I am asked a question about what I believe, I will only reply to that by pm. I will not throw it out on the forum. I won't stay on the forum if I'm going to come under attack...life is to short to waste on that.
I was born a man. I have lived my whole life as a man...and that is the way I am going out, as a man. A man gives respect to all peoples, and disrespect never crosses his lips...We also open doors for women, give them our seat, and never use dirty words when in, or away from their company.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2015, 02:31 PM
(04-05-2015 02:14 PM)Domenic Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 12:59 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You came in here and distinctly said that your belief wasn't religion.

Then you cry we don't respect your belief.

There's a reason.

You come on with the presupposition that we're supposed to agree with you and declare your religion special.

On an atheist board.

Facepalm

You don't see the point of contention????

Not what I was saying at all. I respect how others believe. I don't put down what you believe, and I do not expect you to believe anything I believe. I am not here to post what I believe. If I am asked a question about what I believe, I will only reply to that by pm. I will not throw it out on the forum. I won't stay on the forum if I'm going to come under attack...life is to short to waste on that.
I was born a man. I have lived my whole life as a man...and that is the way I am going out, as a man. A man gives respect to all peoples, and disrespect never crosses his lips...We also open doors for women, give them our seat, and never use dirty words when in, or away from their company.

I gotta ask... Why did you come to an atheist forum, proclaim (in your very first post) that you are Christian, then claim you don't want to talk about your beliefs?
Why in PM's only?
That seems very trollish, and creepy.
Do not reply to this, or any of my posts in a pm.
Thank you.
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
04-05-2015, 03:58 PM
(04-05-2015 02:31 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 02:14 PM)Domenic Wrote:  Not what I was saying at all. I respect how others believe. I don't put down what you believe, and I do not expect you to believe anything I believe. I am not here to post what I believe. If I am asked a question about what I believe, I will only reply to that by pm. I will not throw it out on the forum. I won't stay on the forum if I'm going to come under attack...life is to short to waste on that.

I gotta ask... Why did you come to an atheist forum, proclaim (in your very first post) that you are Christian, then claim you don't want to talk about your beliefs?
Why in PM's only?
Thank you.

I did not join the forum to teach, or preach.
Do you not go to Christian forums? On Christian forums do you talk about religions?
I don't find post on Christian forums by no-believers as trollish, or creepy...most just sound angry.
I joined to learn about atheist. I'm a writer. Your comment sounds like you don't trust people who are Christian. Are there also other types of people you don't trust?
04-05-2015, 04:12 PM
(04-05-2015 03:58 PM)Domenic Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 02:31 PM)pablo Wrote:  I gotta ask... Why did you come to an atheist forum, proclaim (in your very first post) that you are Christian, then claim you don't want to talk about your beliefs?
Why in PM's only?
Thank you.

Do you not go to Christian forums? On Christian forums do you talk about religions?
I don't find post on Christian forums by no-believers as trollish, or creepy...most just sound angry.
I joined to learn about atheist. I'm a writer. Your comment sounds like you don't trust people who are Christian. Are there also other types of people you don't trust?

Welcome to the forum!

Feel free to start a new thread...it could even be about your perception of how christians are perceived through the eyes of an atheist...or maybe trust issues...who knows, could be fun and enlightening...now go forth, spread ye wisdom for all the world.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
04-05-2015, 04:20 PM
(04-05-2015 02:31 PM)pablo Wrote:  I gotta ask... Why did you come to an atheist forum, proclaim (in your very first post) that you are Christian, then claim you don't want to talk about your beliefs?
Why in PM's only?
Thank you.

There are some Christians who come on here and try and start trouble--that is all they are looking to do. They don't want to hear about different perspectives, they don't want to learn about atheists etc. So when someone who is Christian comes on here just to talk--it is sometimes hard to believe that. But I have to say, you were very respectful in the pm you sent me. Thumbsup

I think this section is just for the intros. I think u have to start a new link if u want to continue discussions about other topics. I am learning this as I go too Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
04-05-2015, 04:25 PM
Why in PM's only?
Thank you.

Liars.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
04-05-2015, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 05:55 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(04-05-2015 10:59 AM)Domenic Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 10:11 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Hi "full believeing" Chrisitan. I myself am a 99.8765834 % (a *pretty much almost*, but "not quite full" believing Pastafarian.) Cool
Isn't Dominic spelled with an "i" ?

I thank all of you for the warm welcome. No Domenic is spelled with an e, I was named after my darling grandfather. The name had an o on the end of it...Domenico. That is the old Italian way of spelling it...I have just never liked how the o makes it sound. Some seem confused as to my being Christian? I am a Christian. What I did was to test out the bible. To me I have proven it true. I tested it against all Christian religions. There is not one Christian religion that holds true to the scriptures in the bible, thus they can not be true, or from God...Religions are a tool of Satan. Religions have made more atheist than one can count. Please do not get my being a Christian as saying atheist is wrong, or false.
I think to prove it true, or false it has to be tested against proven facts. Thus far I see many try to prove it true against religions. Religions are false. Nothing can be proven out against something that is false. I am not here to make Christians of anybody...only God does that. Nor will I bible thump, I never do that.
I will say this, "God loves all people, be they believers in him, or atheist." He throws none of his people away.
So that is were I stand.
I'm pretty good at uncovering facts, and my reasoning is good. I would be honored if the atheist on the forum allow me to join in on proving, or dis-proving what atheist believe. You have my word, I will not use the bible. I will use Science, and Archeology. Only things that can be proven, I will use nothing from writings of the past. I will not be out to disprove atheist are wrong, or right...just whatever it proves out to be. Deal?

Deal.
Domenico makes sense. I play most of Scarlatti's sonatas.
Unfortunately for you, Archeology has totally 110 % debunked your Bible, and there are no proofs or evidence for any of the gods.
But take a shot. We're used to this stuff. Drinking Beverage
And BTW, Christianity is "religion". Being part of a community was an essential element of authentic Christianity. It does not come "solo".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Well there must be something in the water around here today... Wink

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 1 user Likes LostLegend's post
04-05-2015, 08:21 PM
(04-05-2015 08:18 PM)LostLegend Wrote:  Well there must be something in the water around here today... Wink

the holy water? Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-05-2015, 08:42 PM
(04-05-2015 08:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 08:18 PM)LostLegend Wrote:  Well there must be something in the water around here today... Wink

the holy water? Tongue

Genuinely just laughed out loud! Laughat

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 1 user Likes LostLegend's post