New here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2017, 07:05 PM
New here
Hello! I am not new to Atheism, or TTA, but I finally decided to join the forum. I live in the deep south of the United States, in this area you don't come across fellow atheist. I am coming here in search of community, and maybe make some friends.

I wont waste your time with a long bio of me, hopefully with time I will get to know all of you!

I was raised in an extremely strict Independent Fundamental Baptist, King James only, Premillennial believing church. Salvation was only attainable by faith and repentance, and all other denominations and religions are going to hell because they do not correctly believe and repent.

When I was 15 or 16, I read through the entire Bible. This changed my life forever, after actually reading the Bible for myself, and seeing the horrendous acts, immorality, violence, and contradictions of the Bible, I could never get these out of my mind no matter how many explanations I had heard.

It took years, but after taking the time, and doing the research, and reading probably a dozen books, I came to fully realize what the truth was.

Probably the number one thing you will hear me say a lot here, is this: Read, read some more, and read again. Question everything!

I am excited to get to know everyone here, hopefully this will fill my need for community, and communication with like minded people!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Reasonable's post
04-02-2017, 07:10 PM
RE: New here
Welcome. I’ve spent a lot of time in southern Alabama so I can empathize.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-02-2017, 07:20 PM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
04-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Welcome!
04-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Hello!

A friend in the hole
"I'll be back when I want it...not when I need it." - Hawkeye
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
04-02-2017, 07:47 PM
Hi there!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
04-02-2017, 07:48 PM
(04-02-2017 07:05 PM)Reasonable Wrote:  Question everything!

So said the one true profit! Tongue
[Image: 2dfee3510662e5a8233658ecc751be41.jpg]

Welcome to TTA! Shy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
04-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Welcome!
04-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Welcome! I like the username.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-02-2017, 08:19 PM
Welcome!