New here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2017, 07:49 AM
RE: New here
(27-04-2017 12:50 PM)willds97 Wrote:  Hey all, just wanted to give a quick hi to everyone here

I began to extremely doubt the existence of the Christian god a few days ago, and here i am! Even now, my anxiety inducing thoughts on if im going to hell for writing this continue to shoot into my mind Goodevil . Such joy... Facepalm

Welcome to the site. Anxiety is understandable but is also overcomeable. Once you start to think for yourself it is a very liberating experience. Read all you can and try to learn all you can. Be objective and I believe you will find that your anxiety will soon fade away.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
28-04-2017, 08:02 AM
(28-04-2017 07:42 AM)SYZ Wrote:  It's no more real than Tolkein's "Middle Earth".

Tolkien's Middle Earth isn't real?

Unsure Sadcryface Sadcryface2
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
28-04-2017, 08:08 AM
(28-04-2017 07:42 AM)SYZ Wrote:  It's no more real than Tolkein's "Middle Earth".

Don't tell Gwaithmir

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
28-04-2017, 07:07 PM
(28-04-2017 08:08 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  

Don't tell Gwaithmir

> BLASPHEMER! Gasp
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
28-04-2017, 08:13 PM
(27-04-2017 12:50 PM)willds97 Wrote:  Hey all, just wanted to give a quick hi to everyone here

I began to extremely doubt the existence of the Christian god a few days ago, and here i am! Even now, my anxiety inducing thoughts on if im going to hell for writing this continue to shoot into my mind Goodevil . Such joy... Facepalm

The early anxiety is probably normal. Look around - the world hasn't changed and you're still okay.
[+] 3 users Like Mary L. Mand's post
28-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Thanks for all the warm greetings everyone!
[+] 1 user Likes willds97's post
28-04-2017, 09:45 PM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
29-04-2017, 03:06 AM

> “Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.” (Thomas Jefferson)
Consider
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
29-04-2017, 06:42 AM

I don't think humans of any religion need a god or a religion. Evolution has been around long before humans. Our planet is 4 billion years old, our universe is 13.8 billion years old and has hundreds of billions of galaxies in our observable universe. "all this" was not put here for humans. If you are worried about a fictional afterlife think about what life was like for you 4 billion years ago.

Anyhoo, congrats for your new found sanity. Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
29-04-2017, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the forum

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.