New here, what's with the trolls?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: New here, what's with the trolls?
(25-08-2012 11:57 AM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  I was single dad doing the same thing. Don't worry about the trolls. I still cant understand why the Christians want to be on a atheist site. I have no interest in going on a Christian site or forum. Go Figure!

It was us who were "trolling"

We were just making a few nonserious replys.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2012, 11:59 AM
(25-08-2012 11:47 AM)MidnightKat Wrote:  Hey everyone thanks for the replies. Like I said , I'm new here and wasn't sure of the dynamic. =)

We're not always sure of the dynamic, either.No
Thank you for bearing with us.Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
25-08-2012, 12:12 PM
(25-08-2012 11:47 AM)MidnightKat Wrote:  Hey everyone thanks for the replies. Like I said , I'm new here and wasn't sure of the dynamic. =)

It's all fine. There are so many clicks, so many different people of different nationalities, cultures, and philosophies that you will meet.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
25-08-2012, 12:20 PM
(25-08-2012 12:12 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It's all fine. There are so many clicks, so many different people of different nationalities, cultures, and philosophies that you will meet.

And all levels of maturity. Which is a situational construct, any way. What may seem mature in one place can seem immature in another.

But anyway...

(pulls down Logica's pants and runs away, yelling "nekid butt! nekid butt!")
[+] 2 users Like Red Celt's post
25-08-2012, 12:21 PM

Bunch of uncivilized crazies that hang out here.

Ok, loveable uncivilized crazies. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
25-08-2012, 12:23 PM
(25-08-2012 11:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-08-2012 07:35 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I looked back at your thread...it's the usual suspects proving that they are really 14 year old boys. Not trolls at all, just the usual band of crazies that are around here that actually do get around to reading a lot of threads and giving some helpful insights on a lot of things.

You'll get used to it. When they do that it does make your reply count grow which may make people more interested in reading it.

Raising freethinking kids? I let mine go to any church with their friends they wanted to. I didn't take them. My girls even did the VBS a couple times. Let them question everything...let them experience things and make up their own minds. You really want 'freethinkers' who aren't indoctrinated to believe what anyone else believes, even yourself. Answer questions, provide ways to find answers to things you don't know, and allow them to use the brains/minds they have to come to their own conclusions.

Mine are grown, I have two atheists and one that attends church because of the people around her but is more agnostic I guess you would say.

Be honest with your kids about your beliefs (or lack thereof) but make sure they know that they have the right to make up their minds.

Different people believe different things...that's a good place to start when and if religious questions start.

You'll get used to us...we are sometimes serious, sometimes looney, often ADD, frequently quite supportive, and relatively intelligent...and you will see actual trolls run out of this place.

And, welcome.

I take exception to this. My therapist and I have agreed I act like a 15 year old boy, not 14. Dodgy

Yeah, well you pay her to tell you what you want to hear...I was being generous...12 is closer to the truth!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-08-2012, 12:37 PM
(25-08-2012 11:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I take exception to this. My therapist and I have agreed I act like a 15 year old boy, not 14. Dodgy

Hmm... making progress, huh? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-08-2012, 12:41 PM
(25-08-2012 12:20 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  And all levels of maturity. Which is a situational construct, any way. What may seem mature in one place can seem immature in another.

But anyway...

Just so I can be the one to derail this fucker all out of control....
Every time I see your signature Red, I see this....
[Image: stop-following-me-creationist.jpg]
... cracks me up. Tongue

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-08-2012, 12:48 PM
(25-08-2012 12:41 PM)kim Wrote:  Every time I see your signature Red, I see this....
[Image: stop-following-me-creationist.jpg]
... cracks me up. Tongue

[Image: ascent_descent600.jpg]

Do you like it, though? It's my own creation. I call it "The Ascent and Descent of Man"... and I've not had a response from anyone, saying that it's either good or bad. The message is that the secularist (or secular humanist/atheist) stands tall and is following the true evolutionary path.

Also available as a t-shirt.
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
25-08-2012, 12:54 PM
(25-08-2012 12:20 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(25-08-2012 12:12 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It's all fine. There are so many clicks, so many different people of different nationalities, cultures, and philosophies that you will meet.

And all levels of maturity. Which is a situational construct, any way. What may seem mature in one place can seem immature in another.

But anyway...

*Pulls pants up*
We do have fun here. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]