New kitty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: New kitty
I have two new kitties. A black one who fell down a neighbour's chimney and a tiny tortoiseshell which I rescued from a silly woman at the vet's.
I'm technologically challenged but I'll try to post photos.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like englishrose's post
06-11-2014, 05:18 PM
(06-11-2014 12:17 AM)englishrose Wrote:  I have two new kitties. A black one who fell down a neighbour's chimney and a tiny tortoiseshell which I rescued from a silly woman at the vet's.

Please tell me the black one's name is Sooty?!?!

So perfect for his color and back story Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
06-11-2014, 05:25 PM
(06-11-2014 05:18 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 12:17 AM)englishrose Wrote:  I have two new kitties. A black one who fell down a neighbour's chimney and a tiny tortoiseshell which I rescued from a silly woman at the vet's.

Please tell me the black one's name is Sooty?!?!

So perfect for his color and back story Big Grin

That'd make him Sooty Claws

OK, I'll go quietly...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
06-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Of course she's called Sooty! Hee hee.
The little one is called Peanut as she was so tiny (a week old) when I saved her.

They took to each other straight away and they're sooo cute.
[+] 1 user Likes englishrose's post
06-11-2014, 09:59 PM
(06-11-2014 09:55 PM)englishrose Wrote:  Of course she's called Sooty! Hee hee.
The little one is called Peanut as she was so tiny (a week old) when I saved her.

They took to each other straight away and they're sooo cute.

Gasp this has made my day!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
07-11-2014, 02:23 AM
She's so stinkin' cute. No really. She has the smelliest gas ever. Silent but deadly.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
07-11-2014, 02:27 AM
Gotta love kitties. Even smelly ones!
[+] 1 user Likes englishrose's post
07-11-2014, 04:07 AM
(07-11-2014 02:23 AM)Nurse Wrote:  She's so stinkin' cute. No really. She has the smelliest gas ever. Silent but deadly.

This is out of context, but as a nurse you might get it ...
One weekend night I was asked if I wanted to stay, and float into watch the monitors in CV ICU, as there was something wrong with the way the alarms were ringing, and they needed a person to actually watch them. There was this older "very proper", "very religious" nurse working. They have this little "tradition" of quietly "clapping" or "who-whooing" when a surgical patient's gut gets going post anesthesia, (for the non medical peeps reading this, its usually signaled by gas passing .. sometimes a LOT and loudly). Anyway she was in one of her rooms, and we heard this "pfffffft" really loud, so there was a "yay ... clapping ... who..whooo" from the other nurses. She comes out with a red face : "That was NOT the patient" .... Tongue
Had to be there, but she is so proper, it was one of the funniest things that ever happened there.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-11-2014, 08:26 AM
This kitten has been Thinkerbelle approved. Thumbsup

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
10-11-2014, 09:08 PM
So..... my kitten went to the vet today. Apparently, Fury is a boy. Or maybe not so apparent Huh And he is 10 weeks old.

I've never had a kitten before. They are absolutely insane. Protect your toes. And hair. And wear thick clothing. And whatever you do, make sure they are locked out of the bedroom when having sex - purely hypothetical situation, of course Unsure

Good thing he's so damn cute and cuddly.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post