New kitty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 09:09 PM
RE: New kitty
Put a paper bag or a box on the floor and he will be entertained...as will you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-11-2014, 09:14 PM
(05-11-2014 09:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  My husband rescued a kitten and I get to meet her today when I get back to town!!! I'm so excited! He said she crawled up his pants leg and up his arm so he would hold her.

Here's sweet little Fury:
[Image: A1C7EC2F-BE83-4A6E-907E-A4DCC85D233D_zpsibiiptpb.jpg]

I am so jealous of your kitty. My landlord wont allow pets that roam around on their own.

Maybe I will get a rat?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
10-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Yeah my landlord (read husband) wasn't too happy when I added a cat to the three dogs and two parrots that were already here - sucks to be him.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-11-2014, 09:20 PM
(10-11-2014 09:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Put a paper bag or a box on the floor and he will be entertained...as will you.

Naahh.. That doesn't work with every cat. Some cats will just ignore the bag.

now....a LASER POINT!

hoo hoo!!

THAT my friends is some good ol' fashioned master / pet fun!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
10-11-2014, 09:21 PM
(10-11-2014 09:08 PM)Nurse Wrote:  So..... my kitten went to the vet today. Apparently, Fury is a boy. Or maybe not so apparent Huh And he is 10 weeks old.

I've never had a kitten before. They are absolutely insane. Protect your toes. And hair. And wear thick clothing. And whatever you do, make sure they are locked out of the bedroom when having sex - purely hypothetical situation, of course Unsure

Good thing he's so damn cute and cuddly.

Yeah, they are super crazy as little kittens. Big Grin Lots of toys are your best friend. Get a couple that are interactive like a Lazer pointer and a stick with a string and dangly toy. Get a couple he can play with on his own too like little rolly balls, or little mousies he can bat around like crazy. Try a variety until you find what he likes, and then stock up. You can probably skip the catnip ones, most cats don't really enjoy catnip until late adolescence.

It's nearly impossible to deter a cat from bad behavior, much easier to give them positive outlets for their natural behavior.

Wear that cat out with play time. Play until he's super tuckered out, then give treats. A cat's natural instinct is to hunt, eat, then sleep. I promise wearing him out with play time, and giving him stuff he likes to scratch on will help deter him from feet, especially as he gets older. Scratching posts will help keep him from tearing up furniture too.

Also, never ever play with him using just your hands or feet. This reinforces them as toys, and will leave you bleeding and frustrated.

Oh, I just love kitties! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
11-11-2014, 08:05 AM
(10-11-2014 09:20 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 09:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Put a paper bag or a box on the floor and he will be entertained...as will you.

Naahh.. That doesn't work with every cat. Some cats will just ignore the bag.

now....a LASER POINT!

hoo hoo!!

THAT my friends is some good ol' fashioned master / pet fun!

Ping pong ball in a bathtub. Neverending hilarity. Big Grin

[Be sure tub is not full of water. Dry is best.]

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
11-11-2014, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 08:12 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
Use this. Big Grin

[Image: 1185606528.jpg]

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
11-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Laser lights never get old!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.