Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2016, 08:16 AM
Lightbulb New member
I have just "discovered" Seth and his podcasts and websites. I've always been a non-believer but never knew that there was a label for it. I was misinformed about what, exactly, an 'atheist' was and somehow went 40+ years without investigating for myself! I also never knew just how many "me" are out there. Seth's posts, videos, and podcasts have opened up a whole new world of information to me. He's led me to other thinkers (Aron Ra, Richard Dawkins, Thunderf00t, etc.) and it's fascinating to discover that, although I came to most of these same conclusions on my own, there is an entire discipline (duh, science!) that supports (proves) my unscientific conclusions that "the invisible sky daddy" is absurd. I love to learn and am kicking my own ass that it's taken me so long to investigate my OWN thoughts and (non)beliefs! I'm currently sponging up all the input I can find - I'm worse than a born-again! I want to know everything! Thank you, Seth, for providing this forum and being so non-hostile and welcoming to EVERYONE; and thank you to everyone who shares their thoughts and experiences here.

"We've got plenty of youth. What we need is a fountain of smart." -Heard on TheThinkingAtheist Podcast
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like crashsmash12's post
14-10-2016, 08:31 AM
RE: New member
(14-10-2016 08:16 AM)crashsmash12 Wrote:  I have just "discovered" Seth and his podcasts and websites. I've always been a non-believer but never knew that there was a label for it. I was misinformed about what, exactly, an 'atheist' was and somehow went 40+ years without investigating for myself! I also never knew just how many "me" are out there. Seth's posts, videos, and podcasts have opened up a whole new world of information to me. He's led me to other thinkers (Aron Ra, Richard Dawkins, Thunderf00t, etc.) and it's fascinating to discover that, although I came to most of these same conclusions on my own, there is an entire discipline (duh, science!) that supports (proves) my unscientific conclusions that "the invisible sky daddy" is absurd. I love to learn and am kicking my own ass that it's taken me so long to investigate my OWN thoughts and (non)beliefs! I'm currently sponging up all the input I can find - I'm worse than a born-again! I want to know everything! Thank you, Seth, for providing this forum and being so non-hostile and welcoming to EVERYONE; and thank you to everyone who shares their thoughts and experiences here.

I was also a non-believer for decades without applying the atheist label to myself, or much caring one way or another. I just avoided religious nuts.

Welcome! It's very diverse community here, all we have in common is not believing in any gods. And we also have some friendly theists here, as well as some not so nice ones. Stick around, the community grows on you!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-10-2016, 08:35 AM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
14-10-2016, 08:35 AM
Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to it.

"We've got plenty of youth. What we need is a fountain of smart." -Heard on TheThinkingAtheist Podcast
14-10-2016, 08:45 AM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-10-2016, 08:54 AM
Welcome aboard Smile
14-10-2016, 09:04 AM
Greetings

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
14-10-2016, 09:24 AM
Advance, be recognized, present beer. [Image: partychogger.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
14-10-2016, 11:50 AM
[Image: 200_s.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
14-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.