Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: New member
Welcome, nice to meet you Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2017, 11:49 PM
Welcome to the forum. What brings you to an atheist forum? I'm also a theist (of the Jewish variety), and I find the conversation with atheists to be right up my alley.
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2017, 02:01 AM
(20-06-2017 11:49 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. What brings you to an atheist forum? I'm also a theist (of the Jewish variety), and I find the conversation with atheists to be right up my alley.

Hey, thanks. My mom is half Jewish.

I am here because I am interested to share information with people and expect them to share information with me. This is the center of my perspective on life. I am confused in some issues and searching for satisfying answers. Recently I was discussing with some atheist people and they didt seem like self confident and satisfiying and I decided to ask my questions in an atheist forum too.
21-06-2017, 02:37 AM
(21-06-2017 02:01 AM)HeYYow Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 11:49 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. What brings you to an atheist forum? I'm also a theist (of the Jewish variety), and I find the conversation with atheists to be right up my alley.

Hey, thanks. My mom is half Jewish.

I am here because I am interested to share information with people and expect them to share information with me. This is the center of my perspective on life. I am confused in some issues and searching for satisfying answers. Recently I was discussing with some atheist people and they didt seem like self confident and satisfiying and I decided to ask my questions in an atheist forum too.

Well, since your mother is half-Jewish, maybe you'll appreciate hearing a Jewish voice as well. What side is your mother Jewish? Her mother or father?
21-06-2017, 04:15 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to TTA. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-06-2017, 07:11 AM
Hi HeYYow, glad you found this place.

It's always good to have a young person show up. We're a global community, the perspectives are varried, and the discussions can be wide-ranging and straightforward. Don't hesitate to jump right in.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-06-2017, 08:57 AM
(21-06-2017 02:37 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(21-06-2017 02:01 AM)HeYYow Wrote:  Hey, thanks. My mom is half Jewish.

Well, since your mother is half-Jewish, maybe you'll appreciate hearing a Jewish voice as well. What side is your mother Jewish? Her mother or father?

Well said, Aliza. No one should become an atheist because the atheists to whom they spoke sounded confident. One should conform their beliefs to fact-based reality, however they determine that to be for themselves. Getting multiple perspectives is often helpful, in this regard, but in the end, one must take responsibility for their own ideas.

Meanwhile, HeYYow, welcome to TTA! We don't care if you're an atheist or not, or if you ever become one. We just like people of honest intentions and inquisitive minds. You have already demonstrated yourself to be both of those things, I think. So I think whatever you discover on your life journey, you'll fit in here.

We do have a TTA Teens section, as well, where you can talk about things with other teens and not have to worry about us adults getting annoyingly in your business.

Hope you love it here as much as I do. Glad you came!

Keep on asking good questions and thinking skeptically about every answer you get. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
21-06-2017, 12:52 PM
(21-06-2017 02:01 AM)HeYYow Wrote:  Hey, thanks. My mom is half Jewish.

Which half ? The front half or the back half.

I'm waiting to get my DNA results to find out if I'm 1/2 ape or 1/3 alien.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-06-2017, 08:38 AM
Please delete my account, thanks.
22-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Awe Sad

Hug