New member from Finland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: New member from Finland
Hi! Could you hop over to Switzerland and ship us some chocolate? Big Grin

And welcome to the forum! You're just slightly younger than I am. Smile
Which is good. I tend to drool over the older gentlemen, and it gets dizzying and dehydrating if I'm over here drooling over too many of them.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
16-05-2014, 02:35 PM
(16-05-2014 02:28 PM)Tatuks Wrote:  Good question. Maybe we don't matter that much. I used to have a customer who was in SS in the WW2.

I'm fascinated by world war two and my friends in Germany always remember to remind me of that little fact. Going to see them in Berlin in the end of may.

Love your country! (because we fought with you, my gray uniformed brethren!)

lol

Not that enthusiastic about it all

Herzlich Wilkommen

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
16-05-2014, 03:30 PM
(16-05-2014 02:19 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  So how come you fought on our side in WW2 and nobody constantly reminds you of it?

Well, it was more the case that the Finns fought against the Soviet Union.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-05-2014, 03:48 PM
(16-05-2014 03:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 02:19 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  So how come you fought on our side in WW2 and nobody constantly reminds you of it?

Well, it was more the case that the Finns fought against the Soviet Union.

In Stalingrad

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
16-05-2014, 03:56 PM
(16-05-2014 12:01 PM)Tatuks Wrote:  Hello everyone!

Looking for a new forum in which I could have deep discussions (or sometimes mind numbing) about life and everything, and then I stumbled upon this site.

So here is just a little info about me:

- 27 (nearly 28) years old living in a terraced house with a "female cohabitant" and a shitloads of animals, but not crazy-animal-person level amount.
- Working in telecommunications, sales to be exact
- Trying to attend university to do masters in information leadership (bachelor level atm)
- Hobbies include computer games and 80's movies (also I watch a lot of new movies), also excercise with my dogs.

Just looking for fellow atheists as my opinions and "soap box rantings" are really getting on my gf's nerves and I think I have made a lot of people unfriend me in Facebook also (not that is bothers me) Big Grin

Let's hope I can add this one to my active forums, sometimes it seems to be a bit difficult.

welcome to the cool part of the web, where reason and logic trump delusion and fairy tales. Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
16-05-2014, 04:05 PM
(16-05-2014 03:48 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 03:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, it was more the case that the Finns fought against the Soviet Union.

In Stalingrad

There were foreign volunteers from several countries in the German army, including Denmark, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Belgium.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-05-2014, 07:51 PM
(16-05-2014 12:01 PM)Tatuks Wrote:  Hello everyone!

Looking for a new forum in which I could have deep discussions (or sometimes mind numbing) about life and everything, and then I stumbled upon this site.

So here is just a little info about me:

- 27 (nearly 28) years old living in a terraced house with a "female cohabitant" and a shitloads of animals, but not crazy-animal-person level amount.
- Working in telecommunications, sales to be exact
- Trying to attend university to do masters in information leadership (bachelor level atm)
- Hobbies include computer games and 80's movies (also I watch a lot of new movies), also excercise with my dogs.

Just looking for fellow atheists as my opinions and "soap box rantings" are really getting on my gf's nerves and I think I have made a lot of people unfriend me in Facebook also (not that is bothers me) Big Grin

Let's hope I can add this one to my active forums, sometimes it seems to be a bit difficult.

Hello and welcome!

Sounds like you'll fit right in. Yes

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
17-05-2014, 12:18 AM
(16-05-2014 02:33 PM)Charis Wrote:  Hi! Could you hop over to Switzerland and ship us some chocolate? Big Grin

And welcome to the forum! You're just slightly younger than I am. Smile
Which is good. I tend to drool over the older gentlemen, and it gets dizzying and dehydrating if I'm over here drooling over too many of them.

Thank you for the welcome.

This time I'm not going there but I once went to a Swiss chocolate factory with a school workshop group. It was pretty insane when after the tour something like 20 women were released into the factory shop. I had never seen a person buy so much chocolate at one time.
[+] 2 users Like Tatuks's post
17-05-2014, 03:34 AM
G'day. You seem the right kind of insane to fit in here.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
17-05-2014, 04:45 AM

I think Finnish is in here somewhere. So...Like Pinkie says...WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!