New modern made up pantheon.. (work in progress) you got any pet pretend gods too?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2013, 03:27 AM
Rainbow New modern made up pantheon.. (work in progress) you got any pet pretend gods too?
I think monotheism is boring and unimaginative...
And i like the idea of house gods…

So I’m working on a few
Not intended to be believed per say... but useful in their own way...

Vendulous god of vending machines and larger coffee machines...
Vendulous is a very erratic god who will randomly pilfer coins from you or give you twice your candy back.

don’t be fooled those vending machine service technicians you see are actually a secret priest hood who have mastered the rituals needed to gain his blessing...

Vendulous serves to remind us of the randomness of the universe and to be someone to blame and take the credit for those windfalls or misfortunes.

Trasla cat girl demi-goddess of messy boxes full of tangled cables

At some point during the 80ies Baast cat goddess of ancient Egypt had enough and moved to Sweden where she got free cable after a romantic involvement with a cable guy who then left her life... a year later when she had a daughter he was gone and Tralsa never knew her father... now she searches home after home looking for him sleeping in cable bins or similar where she is comfortable and find her divine affinity... once she wakes what ever cables no matter how well sorted and wound up will invariably be tangled...

The only way to prevent this is to both wind the cable in and then put them in tiny plastic bags... however doing so can earn you Traslas wrath resulting in a encounter up a dark ally involving a board with a nail in it... (Let’s face it, it could be worse her mom was a warrior goddess)

Trasla serves to remind us that if you hoard cables you’re bound to get a mess... sure you will always have that one cable you needed but it will take hour to untangle… unless you’re a smartass… and no one likes a smart ass…

I'm kinda working on trying to make them Shinto compatible if i can... a bit like HD ready...

If i get enught gods i might even make a illustrated coffy table type book on it lol X3

I also have my Machine God that that more my idealized self image / design specification/ long term plan for global domination and godlike power so that not really a funny pretend god.. more a workhorse pretend god.

Do you guys have any pet pretend gods you came up with yourself?
apart from the common wide spread ones like the pink invisible unichorn and the flying spagetimonster and possibly Discordia... (though you cannot get discordians to agree with each other that its a nonsense religion or not...)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zerq The mad's post
03-08-2013, 12:42 PM
RE: New modern made up pantheon.
Selfus Gratificus - The god who believes what you do. No matter what you believe he agrees with you. He knows you are right, and he is always on your side. And he looks like you since he made you in his image. He will reward you for worshiping you him. Also, he loves you. <3

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
03-08-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: New modern made up pantheon.. (work in progress) you got any pet pretend gods too?
ATHIESTIMUS! An omniscient atheist a er.. god that er... doesn't believe in its own existence. Hobo

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Captain Jean Luc Picard

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Jean Luc Picard
03-08-2013, 02:12 PM
RE: New modern made up pantheon.. (work in progress) you got any pet pretend gods too?
Makei, the Korean god of labor

The name is likely derived from the colloquial imperative of "Work!" in my language, which is not Korean. I've found the belief in Makei when I worked in a car factory for a while. I found out it makes the labor easier to imagine that the maw of the dryer section is like god's mouth, endlessly vomiting a stream of smelly automobiles, which mindless drones must check for lack of quality.

[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
03-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Spark-a-lot
she is responsible for lightning,electricity and the crazy anoying sparks you sometimes get in the winter. The van Graaff machine and fardaday thingy are made to worship her

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
03-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Internetron: Allmighty god of information, knowledge and communication. His hosts of sysadmins deliver his grace to every human.
His most powerful angel, Googliel makes sure his might and power is easy to access.

If you don't follow his rules, he'll send you to the 4chanHell where you'll be tortured with gory images sent to you by the demonic trolls Ohmy

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
03-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Coming Soon...

The god of premature ejactulations

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
04-08-2013, 12:23 AM
(03-08-2013 01:43 PM)unsapien Wrote:  ATHIESTIMUS! An omniscient atheist a er.. god that er... doesn't believe in its own existence. Hobo

intrestingly enught warhammer has had a Chaos god of unvelife...
called Necho his power grow as the others decline...
04-08-2013, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 01:52 AM by I Am.)
Bureaucus, God of paperwork. Submit your prayers in triplicate with a certified copy of current photo ID, and this sweaty, dyspeptic deity will respond with a form letter in six to eight weeks.

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?