New movie about Geocentrism? Really?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2014, 02:05 PM
New movie about Geocentrism? Really?
A friend of mine happened upon a Facebook page promoting a movie that is due to come out this spring. At first glance, it looks very interesting. The trailer claims that it will change the way we view the world. It's even peppered with interviews featuring great minds such as Lawrence Krauss and Michio Kaku. Digging deeper, however, I found that this movie is written by a man named Rick DeLano, who also authored a book entitled, "Galileo Was Wrong: The Church Was Right."

In the year 2014, this is a "documentary" promoting the long refuted idea of Geocentrism and aims to debunk The Copernican Principle. Creationism is one thing... but Geocentrism? Man.

Lawrence Krauss said this of the movie via Twitter: "It is nonsense. That they use me to argue for something that is I know is wrong demonstrates that the word nonsense is charitable."

http://www.theprinciplemovie.com/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2014, 02:31 PM
RE: New movie about Geocentrism? Really?
I prefer to call it egocentrism.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
12-01-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: New movie about Geocentrism? Really?
(12-01-2014 02:31 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I prefer to call it egocentrism.

Lol! More accurate.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.