New quote format seems to confuse some folks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2012, 05:51 PM
New quote format seems to confuse some folks
I'm seeing the occasional post in which the poster's text is inline with the quoted text. Is this perhaps a side-effect of the new quote format in this new UI I am noticing? I can see how easy it would be for people not to realize where they need to put the cursor for their text.

Perhaps if the quoted text had a thicker border that was visible on all sides? Perhaps if the box surrounding the quoted text also showed the expected "<so-and-so> said ->" at the top in its own frame? Perhaps then users would realize where quoted text ends and theirs should begin?

Or, perhaps more distinct colors would help? Although, perhaps that's controlled by themes...

Perhaps this is a non-issue and I'm just too dense to see the other way to handle this?

Perhaps this is just caused by my use of Chrome?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: New quote format seems to confuse some folks
(02-11-2012 05:51 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  I'm seeing the occasional post in which the poster's text is inline with the quoted text. Is this perhaps a side-effect of the new quote format in this new UI I am noticing? I can see how easy it would be for people not to realize where they need to put the cursor for their text.

Perhaps if the quoted text had a thicker border that was visible on all sides? Perhaps if the box surrounding the quoted text also showed the expected "<so-and-so> said ->" at the top in its own frame? Perhaps then users would realize where quoted text ends and theirs should begin?

Or, perhaps more distinct colors would help? Although, perhaps that's controlled by themes...

Perhaps this is a non-issue and I'm just too dense to see the other way to handle this?

Perhaps this is just caused by my use of Chrome?
Did anyone tell us this was about to happen. Are there instructions somewhere ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

02-11-2012, 05:57 PM
RE: New quote format seems to confuse some folks
This is the format we had earlier in the year, I didn't know there was going to be a change, but the format we had wasn't working right recently, and this seems to have fixed the issues with the buttons.