New response video to the Miss USA evolution video

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2011, 05:51 PM
New response video to the Miss USA evolution video
So most of you have seen this disheartening piece of footage:

If you hadn't seen it before, I'll wait before you're done crying, facepalming, and yelling angrily at the screen.

There. If you need a restoration of hope, read the youtube comments and notice the !0:1 dislike to like ratio. Someone decided to point out the obvious ridiculousness of the answers with this parody:

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2011, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2011 07:02 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: New response video to the Miss USA evolution video
(29-06-2011 05:51 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  If you hadn't seen it before, I'll wait before you're done crying, facepalming, and yelling angrily at the screen.

I honestly didn't hear a word they said and never made it past the masturbating part. ... Oh wait, did you say facepalming?

(29-06-2011 05:51 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Someone decided to point out the obvious ridiculousness of the answers with this parody:

I'm pretty sure I dated Miss Delaware's mom back in the day.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
29-06-2011, 07:10 PM
(29-06-2011 06:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-06-2011 05:51 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  If you hadn't seen it before, I'll wait before you're done crying, facepalming, and yelling angrily at the screen.

I honestly didn't hear a word they said and never made it past the masturbating part. ... Oh wait, did you say facepalming?

For being the "most beautiful representatives that America has to offer" I thought they were some of the ugliest women I'd ever seen. But maybe that's just me. I've always hated what most people consider "good looking." Fake smiles, blank stares, and 4 hours a day dedicated to aesthetics that could have been spent reading books. Shrug.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
29-06-2011, 07:18 PM
It's a super long video and I wasn't taking notes for obvious reasons, but I do remember that there were a couple somewhat intelligent answers. Miss California I think was one. Everyone else was either unwilling to comment strongly one way or another, completely stupid, or not even comfortable answering more than likely because they didn't understand the question or because they hadn't rehearsed an answer. Sad. I'm glad it wasn't a bunch of Miss Canada contestants interviewed, not that the answers would be any better, but I can pretend.
I also agree with the idea that intelligence is part of what makes someone attractive. Someones opinion on a topic can totally turn me off physically as well as mentally.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-06-2011, 07:23 PM
I liked Miss Vermont's answer (13:00)

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
29-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Ahahaha, I remember seeing this on Pharyngula. Great response video too.
I'm surprised the highest rated comments on the original video's page actually make good sense.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
[+] 2 users Like Mindprowler's post
29-06-2011, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2011 07:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-06-2011 07:10 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(29-06-2011 06:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

For being the "most beautiful representatives that America has to offer" I thought they were some of the ugliest women I'd ever seen. But maybe that's just me. I've always hated what most people consider "good looking." Fake smiles, blank stares, and 4 hours a day dedicated to aesthetics that could have been spent reading books. Shrug.

lol. I wasn't suggesting procreating with them. And the reason you found them less attractive than I did was because you actually tried to listen to what they were saying. ... And I should probably think about lowering my testosterone dose. Wink

(29-06-2011 07:23 PM)Efrx86 Wrote:  I liked Miss Vermont's answer (13:00)

Okay, I'd probably be willing to procreate with her. Smile

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
29-06-2011, 10:32 PM
BC,
several weeks ago, i would have cried at the first and laughed at the second. now i can only cry.

30-06-2011, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2011 12:49 AM by blasphemy fan.)
(29-06-2011 10:32 PM)LarryT Wrote:  BC,
several weeks ago, i would have cried at the first and laughed at the second. now i can only cry.

This video truly reenforces the idea that the government IS deliberately behind "The Dumbing Down of America"!

Who in the hell in their right mind would even consider such stupid manners of complicating simple math problems? Our country has some of the worst intelligence levels of all "developed" countries. After seeing this, | know why.

"Teaching kids how to do math without a calculator is a waste of classroom time." ? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! This type of math(?) is definitely a waste of classroom time! I want to see some kids doing calculus based on this method of math. They'll reach retirement age before they reach their first answer!

Or how about this:
Have them do a spreadsheet on paper using this math, the way old school business was done before calculators. Page 2 will have to be done by their grand children.

Somehow, I can envision this type of math being "vatican approved" with the g. w. bush "fuzzy math" seal of approval.

$14 trillion in national debt. I think I know who is using this math.
I forgot to add my response to Miss USA. I have said before, and shall now repeat;
"Church teachings have NO PLACE in our schools, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!" Teaching this mythological BS to our kids is just another avenue to the "Dumbing Down of America". There is supposed to be a separation between church and state, and we need it more today than ever!
Science, not religion or politics, will be our savior in the future. If we are to survive all the new challenges created by over population, and continued "development" of agricultural land, then we are gonna need a way to feed all these people. Less space for growing food, more mouths to feed, and that dinosaur at the vatican telling hungry 3rd world countries (not to use birth control, continue over populating), is painting us into a corner that only increased science intervention can possibly get us out of.
( Need I mention deforestation, greenhouse effect = global warming, all can bring up water levels of the seas, by thawing the polar ice caps, robbing us of more area which man can live on. )
China had the right idea, but the wrong approach some years back. 1 kid per family to reduce the population by 50% in 1 generation. Like it or not, all countries may soon have to face this. Where are all these people going to live, and how will we / they feed them? If today's kids could do math, they might realize there is gonna be a serious water shortage in populated areas to contend with also. We are already seeing the beginning of this today, but we have only begun our long, painful journey down "Woe Row".
These problems we face today will only continue to get worse until we, as an entire planet, get together and adopt a solution that will work everywhere. One thing we here already know, the churches will only get in the way!

Albert Einstein once said "No problem can be solved by the same level of thinking that created it.". Following that, I say "No problem can be solved by religion".

Let's all get on the same page and quit poisoning our children's minds with this nonsense! They are the next step in OUR evolution, and they MUST understand that!

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
[+] 2 users Like blasphemy fan's post
01-07-2011, 12:51 PM
When do we ever do this? We don't let kids decide if they want to believe in chemistry or alchemy. We don't say that maybe the sun is the center of the solar system, maybe the Earth is. It's not astrology or astronomy. We teach facts in school, we don't present every idea conceived of and let the children decide what they want to believe as fact.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
[+] 1 user Likes ashley.hunt60's post