New sax day

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2014, 10:03 AM
RE: New sax day
(20-10-2014 08:44 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 08:53 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love sound of the alto sax. I think it's my favorite.

Heresy. I play tenor.

Relax, all sax is good sax.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2014, 10:06 AM
(15-10-2014 08:01 PM)wazzel Wrote:  I got a my new alto sax, a yamaha YAS63 in silver. It plays so much better than my 30-something year old Bundy II. It is surprisingly heavy compared to the old one. I guess that is part of the difference between a student horn and an intermediate horn. No more air leaks and the action is much nicer. So happy. I got rehearsal tomorrow. First one of the Christmas season.

Enjoy!

I bought a new Bass a few months ago. Gotta love a new instrument. Thumbsup

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
21-10-2014, 06:28 AM
(20-10-2014 10:06 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 08:01 PM)wazzel Wrote:  I got a my new alto sax, a yamaha YAS63 in silver. It plays so much better than my 30-something year old Bundy II. It is surprisingly heavy compared to the old one. I guess that is part of the difference between a student horn and an intermediate horn. No more air leaks and the action is much nicer. So happy. I got rehearsal tomorrow. First one of the Christmas season.

Enjoy!

I bought a new Bass a few months ago. Gotta love a new instrument. Thumbsup

Cool, what did you get? I play bass also. The last new bass I got was an EBMM Sterling 5 in 2009, Egyptian smoke body, black pearloid pick guard, maple neck.

My other bass is a EBMM Stingray 5 Black, black, rosewood that I got in 1995. It was my college graduation present to myself.

[Image: file.php?id=44443]
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
31-10-2014, 06:40 AM
My daughter's horn came in Wednesday. She is so happy and proud. It took her almost a year, but she saved $2k to help pay for the horn. Not bad for a 13-14 year old. She did odd jobs and took money in place of any gifts for all the gift giving holidays.