New scam artist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2014, 07:07 PM
New scam artist
Haven't heard of her till today. Anyone else?

http://www.maureenhancock.com/

T.H.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: New scam artist
That dog is definitely not a full breed. Good catch.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
27-05-2014, 07:18 PM
I don't understand what I am supposed to do with this information??
Consider

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-05-2014, 07:24 PM
I managed to do it once.

A girl in my class at high school was talking about these psychic shit heads, and I bet her I could perform a reading just as good.

I managed to establish that a certain uncle, had died, driving a particular make and model of car, on a particular road, on a particular day... In under 2 minutes. Just by probing and making logical guesses, while using basic distraction.

She was surprised to say the least...

Trouble was she believed I was fucking psychic from then on. Dodgy

Always great to see them exposed live on air...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post
27-05-2014, 07:35 PM
There is some weird stuff that happens now and then, or so it is claimed, but science has different theories for these mediums and ghosts. I've never seen or heard a thing or met a geniune medium. Coincidence or something more...I would love to see or hear what these people do. Are they crazy, scammers, on drugs, or is there a scientific explanation? Heck if I know, but I won't write them all off as scam artists.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
27-05-2014, 07:43 PM
I had a gf years ago who was heavily into tarrot. She believed it and worked part time as a reader.

She was incredibly sincere.

The woman in the clip above seemed insincere and a scam artist.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-05-2014, 02:29 AM
People normally are very sincere about these things, but the professional mediums are scam artists. They need to be because they have to worry about their professional reputation and have to deliver readings on demand. They might start out sincere and they may continue to deceive themselves somehow but they must also know to some extent that they are making it up when there is a need to deliver something.
28-05-2014, 04:05 AM
Medical quackery is a felony, but this isn't. Yet. It flourishes because we're not taught the facts of life and death at preschool age and reinforced thereafter; we're taught instead that the universe is just and angels are real. Hence the grief we feel when the wheels of fate and nature turn in their ordinary cycles is compounded and intensified by feelings of betrayal. Our fairy tale beliefs designed to shield us from hurt only make the hurt 1000 times worse. And the Maureens step in and collect $40 a head the grief is so intense. The only difference between a Maureen and a heroin dealer is the heroin dealer's fairy dust comes in baggies.
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
28-05-2014, 04:15 AM
Have there been any studies into the psychological harm caused by woo peddlers.

Morning tv shows should be liable for the endorsement of it.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
28-05-2014, 04:33 AM
It's all fucking stupid. I don't doubt that some of them are sincere, they're just sincere or insincere in bullshit. ... It's still bullshit.

Derren Brown has done loads of stuff to disprove it, even going as far as learning how to do it himself for shits and giggles Smile

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!