New "spoonerisms"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 02:55 PM
New "spoonerisms"
One of the very few good things to come from anyone religious is The Spoonerism. With apologies in advance for those who already know....

Described by Wikipedia as "an error in speech or deliberate play on words", it involves swapping the first letters of two words to make a seemingly nonsense phrase. So for example:

Take the phrase "whining shit" and swap the first two letters of each word and you get the phrase "shining whit" (obviously what Egor and Alephbat thought they were talking). And of course you can then use this as a euphemism:

"I see we've had more shining whit from earmuffs today".

So. here's the challenge: share your favourite spoonerism here. If you can claim to have invented one, and it is particularly witty, [/color]then I'll rep you for being a "shining whit". Wink

Oh, and my starter for ten? This is one I feel certain I can claim to have invented and describes "fashion victims":

Fad Sucker!

Bring it on!

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2015, 03:22 PM
RE: New "spoonerisms"
Spoonerisms are great - if you want to write them intentionally you've got to be a real fart smella.
20-01-2015, 03:35 PM
RE: New "spoonerisms"
(20-01-2015 03:22 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Spoonerisms are great - if you want to write them intentionally you've got to be a real fart smella.

...and you've gotta be careful of smelling pistakes...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.