• 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 06:07 AM
RE: New to the Forum
Welcome!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2017, 06:09 AM
(14-06-2017 11:30 PM)kingsxjt Wrote:  Hello everyone! I wanted to connect with a group of people that may have had a similar experience as mine. I was raised in non christian home and then became a sold out christian at age 20. My life radically changed then. I became a disciple of the gospel after being "saved" and my life did improve from then on. I will say in hindsight that I believe this to have been the placebo effect. I married a christian girl when I was 27 and she was 23. She had been raised in a very strictly religious household and was very firm in her faith as well. I am now 47 and in last 4 to 5 years I have slowly figured out that the bible is a lie. I had often had my reason alarm go off but I always just pushed through with "my faith." I can say that finally making a clean cut with the church and the lunacy has been freeing. I'm still a good person as I have always been, but the church always made me fell inferior. I constantly did not think I was good enough. I became sick of constantly trying to convince myself of what I believed; it seems christians are always trying to overcome their doubt. I have 3 children whom we raised in church to believe in Jesus and as far as I can tell my youngest 2 still do. I struggle with guilt from raising my kids to believe a fairy tale. In the last 8 months I have told my wife that I no longer believe. I have also had long discussions with my oldest son who is almost 19 and I think he sees through the lie as well, however he has a lot of church friends still. My wife has really relaxed a lot of her views since we have become married although we have not had a lot of discussion about religion. I have about 3 non believing friends that I can speak openly with and I am here just looking to connect with some like minded people. I live deep in the bible belt and don't meet many thinking non-believers around here. Sorry for the long post but that's where I'm at in a nutshell.

Welcome to TTA. There are plenty of people here who have experienced a lot of what you have so jump right in and talk to people, you can really learn a lot.

(14-06-2017 11:55 PM)Vera Wrote:  
Quote:that's where I'm at in a nutshell

Well, step out of the shell, then, and dive right in... into the rabbit hole that is TTA Rolleyes

[Image: e068a630ed29e6004d124293742a976f.jpg]

Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay!

How the hell do you find images like that? You must have some secret website.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
15-06-2017, 06:15 AM
Welcome aboard.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
15-06-2017, 06:23 AM
(15-06-2017 06:09 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  How the hell do you find images like that? You must have some secret website.

Nah, I just have an in with the elders of the internet...

.. you wouldn't believe what they asked of me in return for this one though [Image: gi79.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
15-06-2017, 06:30 AM
Anytime The IT Crowd is referenced, I get a little giddy.

Miss that show...
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
15-06-2017, 08:08 AM
Greetings!

Vera, Botticelli is probably turning 300 RPM in his grave. Laugh out load
15-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
15-06-2017, 08:30 AM
(15-06-2017 08:08 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Greetings!

Vera, Botticelli is probably turning 300 RPM in his grave. Laugh out load

Tempora mutantur, picturae mutant in illis, amicus meus Yes

Plus, we could probably use him as a wind turbine already, after all the Trump and Putin memes with his works...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
15-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Welcome to the forum

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
15-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Hi and welcome!