New to the community, looking for support and encouragement.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2012, 06:25 PM
New to the community, looking for support and encouragement.
My best to all. I am a small town physician. Accumulated experience after 20 years has shown me the tremendous capacity of the human spirit, but I have been a doubter for some time now. I believe in compassion and kindness above all else, and always have. Even though I am very good at what I do, my practice would suffer if I ever came out, so for now I remain in the closet. Am looking forward to a sense of fellowship with kindred spirits, wishing all of you nothing but the best.
Sven
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sven's post
19-05-2012, 07:11 PM
RE: New to the community, looking for support and encouragement.
Hey Doc, nice to have you with us.

Since you're here, maybe you wouldn't mind helping me diagnose what this pain in my ass is...

Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the forum, I hope that you find at least some sense of community here.

However I have my doubts as to your profession. For you see, I could read everything you wrote. My experience with doctors is that they have poor penmanship and I can only assume that lack of skill would be transferred over to typing.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
19-05-2012, 10:35 PM
(19-05-2012 06:25 PM)sven Wrote:  My best to all. I am a small town physician. Accumulated experience after 20 years has shown me the tremendous capacity of the human spirit, but I have been a doubter for some time now. I believe in compassion and kindness above all else, and always have. Even though I am very good at what I do, my practice would suffer if I ever came out, so for now I remain in the closet. Am looking forward to a sense of fellowship with kindred spirits, wishing all of you nothing but the best.
Sven

WElcome Sven

As you are a physician it is easy to see where you are coming from.

Probably best to enjoy this forum from strategically behind the medicine cabinet........... Wink
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
20-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Welcome to this forum! I can relate to the small town and closet atheism. You can find a sense of refuge here Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
20-05-2012, 12:26 AM
(19-05-2012 07:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hey Doc, nice to have you with us.

Since you're here, maybe you wouldn't mind helping me diagnose what this pain in my ass is...

Big Grin
Don't bother Doc - he found where he left his head. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
20-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Good to have you here Sven! I think you'll find this a good place to relax and be who you are.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
20-05-2012, 06:18 AM
Welcome Sven, enjoy your time here, it is nice to be able to state your opinions and not worry about losing business/clients/friends etc.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
20-05-2012, 06:28 AM
Welcome Sven Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Welcome!

Be prepared, this is a crazy place with a lot of humor going on, but you will find all the support you are looking for and then some.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post