New to the community, looking for support and encouragement.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2012, 11:47 AM
RE: New to the community, looking for support and encouragement.
Hey friend. Thank you for the welcome.
(19-05-2012 07:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hey Doc, nice to have you with us.

Since you're here, maybe you wouldn't mind helping me diagnose what this pain in my ass is...

Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2012, 05:02 PM
(19-05-2012 06:25 PM)sven Wrote:  I believe in compassion and kindness above all else, and always have.

I haven't found anything else even worth a damn believing in, Sven. Welcome Healer!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Hi Sven, i'm a big town physician - I'm out but at work I never discuss.

Your beliefs do not make you a better person, your behavior does.
20-05-2012, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2012 09:46 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Wow, a real celebrity come amongst us. I have been hearing about you for some time now. You are VERY famous.
http://2havefun.com/Comedy/ole-sven.shtml
Welcome. You better have some gud yokes, den.

Ole and Sven are neighbors in Wisconsin. Ole is in need of a new milk cow. He [Image: cartoon-cow.jpg?w=104&h=96] hears about a nice one for sale over the border in Minnesota. He drives over to Minnesota and looks at it. He reaches under to see if she gives milk and grabs the teat and pulls, the cow farts. Ole is very surprised, looks at the farmer who is selling the cow, and reaches under the cow to try again. He grabs another teat, pulls, and the cow farts again. Milk does come out, however, so after some discussion, Ole decides to buy the cow anyway and take it home. He calls over his neighbor, Sven, and says, “Come here and look at dis new cow I just bought. Pull her teat, and see what happens.” Sven reaches under and pulls; the cow farts. Sven looks at Ole and says, “You bought this cow in Minnesota didn’t yew. Ole is very surprised and says, “Yah, dats right, how did you know dat?” Sven says, “My wife is from Minnesota". Tongue

Ole and Sven die in a snowmobiling accident, drunker than skunks, and go to Hell. The Devil observes that they are really enjoying themselves. He says to them: “Doesn’t the heat and smoke bother you?” Ole replies, “Vell, ya know, ve’re from nordern Minnesooota, da land of snow an ice, an ve’re yust happy fer a chance ta varm up a little bit, ya know.” The devil decides that these two aren’t miserable enough and turns up the heat even more. When he returns to the room of the two guys from Minnesota , the devil finds them in light jackets and hats, grilling Walleye and drinking beer.The devil is astonished and exclaims, “Everyone down here is in abject misery, and you two seem to be enjoying yourselves?” Sven replies, “Vell, ya know, ve don’t git too much varm veather up dere at da Falls, so ve’ve yust got ta haff a fish fry vhen da veather’s dis nice.” The devil is absolutely furious. He can hardly see straight. Finally he comes up with the answer. The two guys love the heat because they have been cold all their lives. The devil decides to turn all the heat off in Hell. The next morning, the temperature is 60 below zero, icicles are hanging everywhere, and people are shivering so bad that they are unable to wail, moan or gnash their teeth. The devil smiles and heads for the room with Ole and Sven. He gets there and finds them back in their parkas, bomber hats, and mittens. They are jumping up and down, cheering, yelling and screaming like mad men. The devil is dumbfounded, “I don’t understand, when I turn up the heat you’re happy. Now its freezing cold and you’re still happy. What is wrong with you two?” They both look at the devil in surprise and say, “Vell, don’t ya know, if hell iss froze over, dat must mean da Vikings von da Super Bowl.”

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Hi and welcome Dr Sven Smile

Pity your specialty isn't in psychiatry as there's a few wackadoodles in here! Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
20-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Welcome Sven,

I, myself, am a newbie as well, and I hope I, as well as everyone else, can inspire you and make this community great
21-05-2012, 04:37 AM
Hello dr. Sven, very nice to have you here, some of us are just about to start writing a book about medicinal use of some plants and your knowledge will come in very handy. Please do not go away very quickly.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson