New to the site

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2012, 10:28 PM
New to the site
Hello my fellow atheists how fares it? I am an adamantly open atheist and i am thrilled to find this forum, this community of free thinkers and i hope to get a lot out of it . Just for a little hello post i found this comment YouTube today which i found rather amusing.

'God exists, its just that our science is not advanced enough to prove that God exists. and in the past humans thought the earth was flat because science wasn't advanced enough. u need to believe in something to discover something new. if humans keep rejecting ideas, the human race will never progress as a species.. God is part of science. the concept of God is just simply too complex for our puny minds to comprehend. that's why people give up trying to prove God exists'

The reason i find this argument amusing is that he chose the earth was flat argument, "Fact" scientists or 'non believers of the day' took measurement of the horizon deducing that the earth was in fact round. Believing they did something good they brought it up to the government of the time ''IE'' the church who then proceeded to stone them to death for heresy.
Also no we do not need to believe in a deity to discover something new,, Newton was an atheist, Darwin as was Hubble as well as 95% of the worlds scientific community and intelligentsia are in fact Atheists or at the very least Agnostic. God is neither needed or wanted in the progress of our species and has actually been proven time and time again to be a hindrance on new discoveries and a hindrance on the education of our children.

Needed to give my two cents on the argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RyanC7's post
14-05-2012, 10:50 PM
RE: New to the site
Hi RyanC7, welcome to TTA Smile

They can make up anything they like but it's all BS to me! Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
15-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the forum!

You are among like minded folks. At least on this one topic.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2012, 01:18 PM
(15-05-2012 09:44 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Welcome to the forum!

You are among like minded folks. At least on this one topic.
Thanks and side note,,, is that Cassidy as your avatar?
15-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Welcome Ryan. Traffic is a little slow the past couple of days but you'll find this site very engaging. It can be a busy place.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
15-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Welcome aboard and enjoy your time here.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
15-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Yes that's Cassidy. I would have done Jesse but Erxomai already has him, and saint is too generic an image. Though out of all of them saint is the most fitting with Jesse being second most.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user