New to this

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2014, 02:58 AM
New to this
Hey guys, Tonya here, 29 y/o, I am a Navy wife & we are stationed at Pearl Harbor. I was raised in a Southern Baptist Church in Georgia, & have recently accepted atheism this passed year. There's something about facing your own mortality that awakens you. I'm happier & healthier than ever. Hope all is well! Feels good to be here.

Faith is believing in something you know ain't true.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes tldenman525's post
11-08-2014, 05:17 AM
RE: New to this
(11-08-2014 02:58 AM)tldenman525 Wrote:  Hey guys, Tonya here, 29 y/o, I am a Navy wife & we are stationed at Pearl Harbor. I was raised in a Southern Baptist Church in Georgia, & have recently accepted atheism this passed year. There's something about facing your own mortality that awakens you. I'm happier & healthier than ever. Hope all is well! Feels good to be here.

Salutations!

I welcome you to our humble forum, Tonya. May your stay here be enlightening and informative.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-08-2014, 05:18 AM
Welcome Tonya.

Feels good to have you, here.

We have a few Navy-ists here to help you feel at home.

11-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Welcome aboard!!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
11-08-2014, 08:06 AM
Welcome!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
11-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Hawaii. Ahhh...I could get used to that pretty easy.

Welcome to TTA.

How is Hawaii in terms of religiosity? I'm sure in Georgia it was everywhere, how does Hawaii compare?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-08-2014, 08:42 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
11-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the forum! Big Grin My brother was stationed in Hawaii when he was in the Navy years ago. He enjoyed it after getting used to it (he's the hick/hunter/farmer type of guy so it threw him off at first). But yeah I hope you're enjoying Hawaii and that you enjoy our forum!

[Image: notagain.gif]
11-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Welcome dude! Let us know how we can be of service to you. Thank you for visiting the most incredibly secret community that ever will be.

Have a cookie:

[Image: Milk-Cookie-Shots-Recipe.jpg]
11-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Glad for your new sense of truth! Welcome to the forum.! Smile

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking