New to this site...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2017, 11:30 AM
RE: New to this site...
I believe you will find several people who hold similar views here. Welcome aboard!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-04-2017, 03:58 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Not all of us curse like a sailor but it's hardly uncommon. My feeling is that if you use it too frequently then it loses impact when you really mean it.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
19-04-2017, 02:18 AM
Hey there, welcome Smile

It's been my experience that people generally get as good as they give here.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
19-04-2017, 05:46 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to TTA. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
19-04-2017, 09:54 AM
Welcome! You spell your name exactly like my wife so I already like you.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2017, 10:02 AM
(18-04-2017 09:19 AM)Jeanne Wrote:  I am tired of vulgar language and insults ...

Swearing like a vulgar motherfucking hairless drunk pirate monkey is frowned upon in this God-damned shit for brains establishment.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-04-2017, 03:53 PM
Hi again, all.

I was in a miserable mood when I first posted and failed to make myself as clear as I usually try to do.

First, thanks for the welcome. This site already seems different from most I have tried in the past couple of years.

Second, thanks for the links and suggestions.

And...third, the "tired of vulgar language and insults" meant those aimed directly at me for my Conservative viewpoints...at me and at others like me in general and aimed solely for the Conservative viewpoints.

It just seems petty and childish to result to those tactics when someone suddenly diverges from what some atheists believe should be "atheist thinking" and it gets old after a while. I thought we rose above the "shut up and sit down" that used to be shouted at us.

I considered never posting in any current event or political forums, but it sort of creeps into most aspects of discussion one way or another.

Ah well..

Emma, I will check out that topic. Thanks.

Jeanne is, of course, the French spelling, but I get all sorts of pronunciations.

Glad there are a few other Conservative-types here.

I don't offend easily, so let loose; the vulgar language is probably something I taught my kids...or maybe I will learn some new phrases that will stun them into silence.

Again, thanks for the thoroughly pleasant welcome.

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post
19-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Hi Jeanne, good to have you here. We're a global forum so ... no doubt you'll encounter a variety of perspectives.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Even if you're told to shut up & sit down, here, you can just open down & stand sideways, if you want. Shy

fuckin A welcome to TTA, gawdamit! Big Grin

19-04-2017, 04:38 PM
(18-04-2017 03:58 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Welcome to the forum.

Not all of us curse like a sailor but it's hardly uncommon. My feeling is that if you use it too frequently then it loses impact when you really mean it.

I was in the Coast Guard...

Gotta fuckin' problem with it?????

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.