• 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: New to this
Bring a friend next time Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 01:57 PM
(11-08-2014 02:58 AM)tldenman525 Wrote:  Hey guys, Tonya here, 29 y/o, I am a Navy wife & we are stationed at Pearl Harbor. I was raised in a Southern Baptist Church in Georgia, & have recently accepted atheism this passed year. There's something about facing your own mortality that awakens you. I'm happier & healthier than ever. Hope all is well! Feels good to be here.

Welcome to our community. Don't be shy just jump in anywhere!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-08-2014, 03:09 PM
(11-08-2014 02:58 AM)tldenman525 Wrote:  Hey guys, Tonya here, 29 y/o, I am a Navy wife & we are stationed at Pearl Harbor. I was raised in a Southern Baptist Church in Georgia, & have recently accepted atheism this passed year. There's something about facing your own mortality that awakens you. I'm happier & healthier than ever. Hope all is well! Feels good to be here.

Welcome, I spent time in hawaii, I was stationed there 92-95. I am stationed on the east coast on an aircraft carrier at the moment, looking forward to my 30 year retirement coming up in a year and a half. Good to have some more navy in the forum Smile

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
11-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Thanks everyone! So far, I feel very welcomed. I'm stil trying to figure out the website, so I'll have my Bio & pics & everything up shortly.

Faith is believing in something you know ain't true.
11-08-2014, 06:49 PM
(11-08-2014 03:09 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  

Welcome, I spent time in hawaii, I was stationed there 92-95. I am stationed on the east coast on an aircraft carrier at the moment, looking forward to my 30 year retirement coming up in a year and a half. Good to have some more navy in the forum Smile

30 year retirement.. wow! I bet you are ready! My husband only has 6 years in but when we leave HI, he'll have 8.

Faith is believing in something you know ain't true.
14-08-2014, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Hope you will get a new kidney soon.

"Newton's third law: The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind." - TARS, Interstellar
"Newtons drittes Gesetz: Der einzige Weg wie Menschen irgendwo hin kommen, ist der dass sie etwas zur├╝cklassen." - TARS, Interstellar
14-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Welcome to the forum. Smile

Hope you will get a new kidney soon. Yes

"Newton's third law: The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind." - TARS, Interstellar
"Newtons drittes Gesetz: Der einzige Weg wie Menschen irgendwo hin kommen, ist der dass sie etwas zur├╝cklassen." - TARS, Interstellar
14-08-2014, 02:03 PM

Welcome to reality. To me there is a bit more than simply saying "this is it". I was an atheist long before I actually got online to seek out other atheists and at the time I was uneducated on either theist or atheist arguments, and I feel I could have very easily fell for a slick snake oil salesman back then.

But since I have been online since 01 reading everyday all sorts of arguments, and have read dozens of books like Hitchens and Dawkins and Stenger and Harris and Ali.

As educated compared to then, it is a learning experience even now.

Welcome.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user