New too

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2017, 09:40 PM
New too
I'm in Canada and I would guess that most everyone I know is an atheist. We don't generally talk about it much - it's just more of a given. When I happen to meet someone who professes to be religious, I think to myself, "Boy, that's a bit odd."
The last time I noticed, the percentage of Canadians who said they were deeply or somewhat religious was well under 50%, so I'd say it's pretty much the norm up here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like SteveE's post
30-04-2017, 11:00 PM
RE: New too
Good to have you here, SteveE.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-04-2017, 11:02 PM
Welcome!
01-05-2017, 01:53 AM
Hey there, welcome!

I'm in England, where we also have over 50% of the population irreligious according to polls.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
01-05-2017, 04:26 AM
Welcome!
01-05-2017, 04:31 AM
(30-04-2017 09:40 PM)SteveE Wrote:  I'm in Canada and I would guess that most everyone I know is an atheist. We don't generally talk about it much - it's just more of a given. When I happen to meet someone who professes to be religious, I think to myself, "Boy, that's a bit odd."
The last time I noticed, the percentage of Canadians who said they were deeply or somewhat religious was well under 50%, so I'd say it's pretty much the norm up here.

Can Canada spread some of that sanity down south?

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
01-05-2017, 06:43 AM
Hello! Big Grin
01-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Welcome to the forum.

The number of believers in Canada is higher than you might guess. The typical believer up here lacks the zeal that you'll find in the Bible Belt. Religion is typically kept personal. Anbody flaunting it should be reported to the local animal control officer. So it gets tricky to distinguish between the believers and the nonbelievers, which is how we like it. The proportion of believers is pretty low, comparable to New Zealand or the Scandaniavian countries.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
01-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Hi, and welcome!
01-05-2017, 10:26 AM
G'day mate, and welcome. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.