New user

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2016, 09:27 AM
New user
Hello all

I am 34 years old and a fairly recent deconvert. I am married to a Christian woman, and we are currently working through this. I am teaching my self critical thinking and about psychology to be able to think better in general. I am a teacher by trade, but currently work in a control room.

I am working on building a support network, and I look forward to getting to know you guys better. The biggest problem I have is just having an intentional habit of keeping in touch with people. I hope to work on that. I love learning new things, and with sufficient evidence have my mind changed.

Look forward to getting to know you !
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2016, 09:30 AM
RE: New user
Welcome to our community. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Greetings. ^^

☆☆☆
23-05-2016, 09:46 AM
New user
KUSA loves you bro!
23-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Hello! Big Grin
23-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Welcome!
23-05-2016, 10:28 AM
Welcome!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
23-05-2016, 11:26 AM
(23-05-2016 09:27 AM)unclematthegreat Wrote:  Hello all

I am 34 years old and a fairly recent deconvert. I am married to a Christian woman, and we are currently working through this. I am teaching my self critical thinking and about psychology to be able to think better in general. I am a teacher by trade, but currently work in a control room.

I am working on building a support network, and I look forward to getting to know you guys better. The biggest problem I have is just having an intentional habit of keeping in touch with people. I hope to work on that. I love learning new things, and with sufficient evidence have my mind changed.

Look forward to getting to know you !

Hello Gnu User. How do you type with hooves?

Good luck with the change. There are some good books on critical thinking but your best bet is to simply grab a decent science book and start doing it. The subject isn't important so long as it's something you can enjoy pondering.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
23-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the Monkey house.
23-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Hello and welcome! Liking your first post already. Smile

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel