New way to engage an atheist on God exists or not.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2018, 06:50 PM
New way to engage an atheist on God exists or not.
The new way if it is anything new, to engage an atheist on God exists or not, consists in me and an atheist - I am a theist - to first work together as to concur on the concept of what is God.

Here is my concept of God, in concept God is first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

So, dear atheist interested in this thread, please tell me what is your concept of God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2018, 06:53 PM
RE: New way to engage an atheist on God exists or not.
(30-01-2018 06:50 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  So, dear atheist interested in this thread, please tell me what is your concept of God.

"Something ignorant and superstitious people made up a long time ago to meet various personal and social needs."

[+] 14 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
30-01-2018, 06:54 PM
[Image: michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-gif-5-compressor.gif]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
30-01-2018, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2018 09:31 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(30-01-2018 06:50 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  The new way if it is anything new, to engage an atheist on God exists or not, consists in me and an atheist - I am a theist - to first work together as to concur on the concept of what is God.

Here is my concept of God, in concept God is first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

So, dear atheist interested in this thread, please tell me what is your concept of God.

Not you again.
Same shit, different year. You're really not very clever, are you.
It's not a new way. You've been peddling this shit for years.

BTW, we don't know of anything that "began to exist". The jury is out about the universe, (in case you were thinking of the Big Bang).
So basically your god has nothing to do, and you have no examples of anything your god created.

There is no coherent definition/concept of a god, so I have none.
Your concept can be debunked in about 30 seconds.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 7 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-01-2018, 07:04 PM
(30-01-2018 06:50 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  The new way if it is anything new, to engage an atheist on God exists or not, consists in me and an atheist - I am a theist - to first work together as to concur on the concept of what is God.

A delusion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2018, 07:13 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-01-2018, 07:16 PM

Sure, I'll tell you my concept of god, but my time is important so if you'll just send me a small "donation" to my paypal account I'll tell you. Just PM me for the details, tell your friends too... Smile

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 4 users Like unsapien's post
30-01-2018, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2018 08:35 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-01-2018 06:50 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  Here is my concept of God, in concept God is first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.
I was introduced to unmoved mover when I was like 8 yo. It's trite and banal, epistemologically unsatisfying, and metaphysically uninteresting. Juvenile given the perspective of what we know now.

(30-01-2018 06:50 PM)Pachomius Wrote:  So, dear atheist interested in this thread, please tell me what is your concept of God.
My concept of God is Slack, and Bob is nothing if not Slack.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-01-2018, 07:20 PM

Your god is also timeless and eternal. If your god *does* anything then it's eternal nature is refuted, and there is something before and after he did his creating. Nope. Your concept is shitty and incoherent. Got anything better ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-01-2018, 07:28 PM
I think it's also the Kalaam or Kaalaam or Kareem Abdul Jabbar or some such argument..."Everything must have a beginning therefore God but God didn't begin. See, he's the exception. God never had to begin to exist. 'Cause I said so."

[+] 5 users Like jerry mcmasters's post