Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone. I'm a former Agnostic Christian. I live in the Bible Belt where people seem shocked if you don't believe in God. My family is involved with the church as well and will tell you to watch your language if you cuss. So I decided to seek out others who feel like me for support and friendship. ~hope

"Believe me, nothing is trivial." ~Eric Draven
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2013, 12:24 PM
RE: Newbie
So... are you a former christee and currently an agnostic or formerly both and now an atheist? Or just here for the cookies like the rest of us?

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Mm. Cookies. Drooling

Welcome DB!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
25-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Kim, I'm formely both Agnostic and Christian. I'm an Atheist now. For me believing in God makes about as much sense as believing in the tooth fairy. Where can I get some of those cookies you speak of? Smile ~hope

25-05-2013, 12:51 PM
The tooth faerie might come visit you sooner if you eat too many of those cookies! Big Grin

Welcome, DB!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
25-05-2013, 01:08 PM
I can't imagine the emotional pain of your situation.
I hear that in the Bible belt people believe really in the Genesis , that is true ?
25-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Viocjit, it seems like people here in North Carolina interpret the Bible very literally. There doesn't seem to be much room for discussion. For example my dad's girlfriend even said, "There's only one way to interpret the Bible". ~hope

25-05-2013, 07:14 PM
(25-05-2013 01:50 PM)desperate believer Wrote:  Viocjit, it seems like people here in North Carolina interpret the Bible very literally. There doesn't seem to be much room for discussion. For example my dad's girlfriend even said, "There's only one way to interpret the Bible". ~hope

Take the words contain in the Bible word to word.
In my country "France" people who interpret the Bible literally are a smaller minority.

The majority are irreligious (when I use this word I would like to say : no interest about religion). They are generally Agnostic Christian who don't care of the Bible or more simply Atheist. Some of them are not Atheist or Agnostic Christian but only irreligious.

I know people who think to be Atheist because they don't know the French equivalent of Agnostic (Agnostique).
26-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Welcome! I feel your pain as I live in Mississippi.
26-05-2013, 12:28 PM
Welcome.
BTW you may cuss as much as your heart desires... you're free now. Big Grin

. . . all the gods were stories we told the children to make them behave. ~ Thoros of Myr (Game of Thrones, Episode 3:06)