Newbie Intro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Newbie Intro
Hello everyone! Dedicated podcast listener, occasional forum reader, newbie to posting. A litle about me... I'm female, 40, live outside Detroit, married, 20yo step son, 8yo son. My hubby was raised Catholic but has not been to church once since I met him with the exception of weddings (not ours), funerals and one or two baptisms of his friends children. He still believes in god as far as i know. We do not discuss religion and that works for us.

I grew up in rural north east Ohio. I was raised very loosly christian. We attended a Methodist church occasionaly but since my brothers and I were active in 4-H and I showed horses, that pretty much stopped when I was 8 or 9 because we were at horse shows every Sunday all summer. We still went on a few holidays for a while but I always assumed it was a social thing. I don't ever remember actually believing. Most of the time when we'd walk into church, I would tell my folks I as going to sit in the balcony with my friends but I'd really head straight for the baby or toddler rooms to help out and play with the little ones. The ladies were always welcoming and grateful for the extra hands. The first time I remember hearing the word atheist was in high school. I had an overtly religious friend and we would debate endlessly the existence of god. He was the first person who called me an atheist. I had to go look it up in the dictionary...

I'm not overt about my atheism. I prefer to live my life and let others live theirs but if the subject comes up, I'm truthful and plain. My view on religion is simple: If you were born where they were born and taught what they were taught, you'd believe what they believe. This pretty much sums it up for me.

I am also a small business owner. The one and only time I've ever been actively involved in the movement was when I offered up my skills to help WWJTD with an idea he had for a t-shirt to support Jessica Ahlquist. I am the shop owner behind EvilLittleShirts.com. That project is winding down now but I was honored to have the opportunity to be a part of it.

So that's me. Thanks for reading!

Jenn - aka ThePinkPhoenix
Rising from the ashes of myself daily
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes thepinkphoenix's post
14-04-2013, 11:50 AM
RE: Newbie Intro
You know pinkphoenix, if you're a flaming bird that's burning with a pink flame then I suggest Sodium polystyrene sulfonate because you could have hyperkalemia. Potassium burns with a pink flame, and you could have hyperkalemia because that is when there is too much potassium in your blood stream. It can be serious as it would lead to heart issues and could be fatal.

I suggest seeing a doctor (or vet) right away.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-04-2013, 05:55 PM
(14-04-2013 10:24 AM)thepinkphoenix Wrote:  Hello everyone! Dedicated podcast listener, occasional forum reader, newbie to posting. A litle about me... I'm female, 40, live outside Detroit, married, 20yo step son, 8yo son. My hubby was raised Catholic but has not been to church once since I met him with the exception of weddings (not ours), funerals and one or two baptisms of his friends children. He still believes in god as far as i know. We do not discuss religion and that works for us.

I grew up in rural north east Ohio. I was raised very loosly christian. We attended a Methodist church occasionaly but since my brothers and I were active in 4-H and I showed horses, that pretty much stopped when I was 8 or 9 because we were at horse shows every Sunday all summer. We still went on a few holidays for a while but I always assumed it was a social thing. I don't ever remember actually believing. Most of the time when we'd walk into church, I would tell my folks I as going to sit in the balcony with my friends but I'd really head straight for the baby or toddler rooms to help out and play with the little ones. The ladies were always welcoming and grateful for the extra hands. The first time I remember hearing the word atheist was in high school. I had an overtly religious friend and we would debate endlessly the existence of god. He was the first person who called me an atheist. I had to go look it up in the dictionary...

I'm not overt about my atheism. I prefer to live my life and let others live theirs but if the subject comes up, I'm truthful and plain. My view on religion is simple: If you were born where they were born and taught what they were taught, you'd believe what they believe. This pretty much sums it up for me.

I am also a small business owner. The one and only time I've ever been actively involved in the movement was when I offered up my skills to help WWJTD with an idea he had for a t-shirt to support Jessica Ahlquist. I am the shop owner behind EvilLittleShirts.com. That project is winding down now but I was honored to have the opportunity to be a part of it.

So that's me. Thanks for reading!

Jenn - aka ThePinkPhoenix
Rising from the ashes of myself daily

Welcome and thank you for your efforts in support of Jessica, that evil little thing. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Hello and welcome!

[Image: RHcn6pd.gif]